Beta 3 Released - Changes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MidnightWatcher Offline
Fan
Any list of changes for the just released Beta 3? Using PPA:

http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/unstable/ubuntu

HTPC1: Q6600 4GB GTS 250 OS: Linux Mint 17 SKIN: Aeon Nox #1 ADD-ON: Cinema Experience REMOTE: XRMT

HTPC2: Zotac ND22 4GB 40GB SSD OS: OpenELEC 4.x SKIN: Bello #1 ADD-ON: Cinema Experience REMOTE: XRMT
(This post was last modified: 2012-02-09 01:42 by MidnightWatcher.)
find quote
.:B:. Offline
Fan
Check the git log?

There's no release yet, it's just been tagged in git.

Once the release is official there will no doubt be an announcement summarising the most important changes.

* Netgear WNDR3700, OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09.1 :: HP Procurve V1410-8G switch
* OpenELEC 4: HTPC Zotac Nano AD10 with Pulse-Eight CEC adapter, Sony KDL52-NX800 :: Desktop Phenom II X4 980 BE / AMD HD6950 / 23" Dell Full HD
* Debian Jessie x86_64: Celeron G1610, HTTP/NFS/MySQL/ZFS server
* Blog
find quote
gabbott Offline
Team-XBMC Member
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/Eden

Should just be bugfixes
find quote
MidnightWatcher Offline
Fan
Ubuntu updated to Beta 3 a few hours ago.

HTPC1: Q6600 4GB GTS 250 OS: Linux Mint 17 SKIN: Aeon Nox #1 ADD-ON: Cinema Experience REMOTE: XRMT

HTPC2: Zotac ND22 4GB 40GB SSD OS: OpenELEC 4.x SKIN: Bello #1 ADD-ON: Cinema Experience REMOTE: XRMT
find quote
clackerdacker Offline
Donor
Sorry for cross post, but I think this is the proper place to ask the question.

I just did a manual update of XBMCbuntu v28 to Beta 3 and all my movie sets are missing, i.e. the movies are showing as individual movies and not in sets.

Are you seeing this too?
find quote
Sranshaft Offline
Posting Freak
clackerdacker Wrote:Sorry for cross post, but I think this is the proper place to ask the question.

I just did a manual update of XBMCbuntu v28 to Beta 3 and all my movie sets are missing, i.e. the movies are showing as individual movies and not in sets.

Are you seeing this too?

There should be an option under Settings > Video that you can turn on to collapse movie sets.

[Image: all-thin-fanart.jpg]
find quote
clackerdacker Offline
Donor
Sranshaft Wrote:There should be an option under Settings > Video that you can turn on to collapse movie sets.

Well bugger me, I've never seen that option before. Thx!
find quote
Memphiz Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
1 + 1 = 2 <- this option wasn't there before ^^

AppleTV2/iPhone/iPod: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for XBMC: Wiki NFS
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Wiki Avahi
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ
find quote
clackerdacker Offline
Donor
Memphiz Wrote:1 + 1 = 2 <- this option wasn't there before ^^

I figured that given I'd not seen it before, but wouldn't the better option be to default it to ON given this is the behavior people have come to expect?
find quote
.:B:. Offline
Fan
MidnightWatcher Wrote:Ubuntu updated to Beta 3 a few hours ago.

You mean the PPA... Which is in no way official, as you make it sound.

* Netgear WNDR3700, OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09.1 :: HP Procurve V1410-8G switch
* OpenELEC 4: HTPC Zotac Nano AD10 with Pulse-Eight CEC adapter, Sony KDL52-NX800 :: Desktop Phenom II X4 980 BE / AMD HD6950 / 23" Dell Full HD
* Debian Jessie x86_64: Celeron G1610, HTTP/NFS/MySQL/ZFS server
* Blog
find quote
Memphiz Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
clackerdacker Wrote:I figured that given I'd not seen it before, but wouldn't the better option be to default it to ON given this is the behavior people have come to expect?

Nope. Its as follows:

1. TMDB scraper now provides set information
2. Users are expecting that movies are single scraped as with older versions of TMDB scraper
3. Thats why sets option was introduced and defaults to off
4. Users which used sets up to now needed to fiddle with nfo files nevertheless - so the might be able to figure that option.

AppleTV2/iPhone/iPod: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for XBMC: Wiki NFS
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Wiki Avahi
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ
find quote
jdandc Offline
I am running Eden Beta 3 (Windows 7 32 bit) and I set up the movie library and switched on Movie Sets.
All is well, except that it does not place the films in the movie sets in Chronological order.

I think there should be an easy option, like there is to set the Movie Set Thumbnail and Movie Set Fanart in the context menu.

Ideally the films in the movie sets should default to release date order, failing that an easy way to move the individual films in a movie set to move left/right when displayed.

Maybe there is a easy way to do this, via XBMC without needing to edit the movie set within XVMM web interface ??
find quote
whatdaybob Offline
jdandc Wrote:I am running Eden Beta 3 (Windows 7 32 bit) and I set up the movie library and switched on Movie Sets.
All is well, except that it does not place the films in the movie sets in Chronological order.

I think there should be an easy option, like there is to set the Movie Set Thumbnail and Movie Set Fanart in the context menu.

Ideally the films in the movie sets should default to release date order, failing that an easy way to move the individual films in a movie set to move left/right when displayed.

Maybe there is a easy way to do this, via XBMC without needing to edit the movie set within XVMM web interface ??

You can do this from within xbmc, when inside the movieset change the sort order to date (asc or des) and it should be in chronological order. Upon return to the main section this shouldn't change how the movies not in sets are shown i.e alphabetically. This should apply to ever movieset from then on as i think it is considered a different viewset. Hope this helps?

Sorttitle tag in nfo is an alternate way of doing it if you were wanting to do something a bit more advanced
(This post was last modified: 2012-02-12 18:50 by whatdaybob.)
find quote