Beta 3 Released - Changes
Any list of changes for the just released Beta 3? Using PPA:

http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/unstable/ubuntu
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
Check the git log?

There's no release yet, it's just been tagged in git.

Once the release is official there will no doubt be an announcement summarising the most important changes.
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/Eden

Should just be bugfixes
Ubuntu updated to Beta 3 a few hours ago.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
Sorry for cross post, but I think this is the proper place to ask the question.

I just did a manual update of XBMCbuntu v28 to Beta 3 and all my movie sets are missing, i.e. the movies are showing as individual movies and not in sets.

Are you seeing this too?
clackerdacker Wrote:Sorry for cross post, but I think this is the proper place to ask the question.

I just did a manual update of XBMCbuntu v28 to Beta 3 and all my movie sets are missing, i.e. the movies are showing as individual movies and not in sets.

Are you seeing this too?

There should be an option under Settings > Video that you can turn on to collapse movie sets.
Sranshaft Wrote:There should be an option under Settings > Video that you can turn on to collapse movie sets.

Well bugger me, I've never seen that option before. Thx!
1 + 1 = 2 <- this option wasn't there before ^^
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:1 + 1 = 2 <- this option wasn't there before ^^

I figured that given I'd not seen it before, but wouldn't the better option be to default it to ON given this is the behavior people have come to expect?
MidnightWatcher Wrote:Ubuntu updated to Beta 3 a few hours ago.

You mean the PPA... Which is in no way official, as you make it sound.
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
clackerdacker Wrote:I figured that given I'd not seen it before, but wouldn't the better option be to default it to ON given this is the behavior people have come to expect?

Nope. Its as follows:

1. TMDB scraper now provides set information
2. Users are expecting that movies are single scraped as with older versions of TMDB scraper
3. Thats why sets option was introduced and defaults to off
4. Users which used sets up to now needed to fiddle with nfo files nevertheless - so the might be able to figure that option.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I am running Eden Beta 3 (Windows 7 32 bit) and I set up the movie library and switched on Movie Sets.
All is well, except that it does not place the films in the movie sets in Chronological order.

I think there should be an easy option, like there is to set the Movie Set Thumbnail and Movie Set Fanart in the context menu.

Ideally the films in the movie sets should default to release date order, failing that an easy way to move the individual films in a movie set to move left/right when displayed.

Maybe there is a easy way to do this, via XBMC without needing to edit the movie set within XVMM web interface ??
jdandc Wrote:I am running Eden Beta 3 (Windows 7 32 bit) and I set up the movie library and switched on Movie Sets.
All is well, except that it does not place the films in the movie sets in Chronological order.

I think there should be an easy option, like there is to set the Movie Set Thumbnail and Movie Set Fanart in the context menu.

Ideally the films in the movie sets should default to release date order, failing that an easy way to move the individual films in a movie set to move left/right when displayed.

Maybe there is a easy way to do this, via XBMC without needing to edit the movie set within XVMM web interface ??

You can do this from within xbmc, when inside the movieset change the sort order to date (asc or des) and it should be in chronological order. Upon return to the main section this shouldn't change how the movies not in sets are shown i.e alphabetically. This should apply to ever movieset from then on as i think it is considered a different viewset. Hope this helps?

Sorttitle tag in nfo is an alternate way of doing it if you were wanting to do something a bit more advanced

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Beta 3 Released - Changes0