First time build
Hello,
I am looking to build a Windows 7 PC that will be used primarily as a media center/ server for my ATV2 in another room. My current Dell running Vista is dated and just plain annoying to work on.
It will only need to play 720, as my TV is only a 720 plasma. I am still on the fence about a blu-ray player (I can always add that later). After reading this forum for days, I have decided to go with a 30GB SSD for the OS drive. I also want to start with a 2TB HDD that will one day be a building block for an unRAID box.
I guess my question would be, what mobo and processor will be enough to run Windows 7 for some casual web surfing and be good enough to serve as an HTPC/ server without killing the wallet?
I meant to do this last night,

Case:Micro ATX....haven't decided yet!

SDD:Patriot Torqx 2 PT232GS25SSDR 2.5" 32GB SATA II Internal Solid State Drive

HDD:Western Digital Caviar Green 2 TB Desktop Hard Drive WD20EARS
Would it be worth it to go to the 3TB?

RAM:Kingston Hyper X Plug n Play 4 GB (2x2GB Modules) 1866MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL11 Desktop Memory

Motherboard:ASRock MB-A75M Socket FM1/ AMD A75 FCH/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ Micro ATX Motherboard....Maybe

CPU:AMD A6-3500 Llano 2.1GHz (2.4GHz Max Turbo) Socket FM1 65W Triple-Core Desktop APU with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 6530D.....also, maybe.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First time build0