Unified Extendable Web Frontend needs Design
Ok, so I've been writing on a new webpage, which is supposed to unify the current experience of multiple webfrontends with the help of a plugin based architecture.

The idea is, to provide a framework for plugins, which give access to anything a homeserver might need to do, be it giving settings for a running gameserver, grant access to an xbmc remote or just giving insight into its sql-database.

I am getting along with it quite well so far, with the plugin architecture almost set-up completely, but to do further work, I need an actual frontend-design to continue coding.
My problem is, that I am in no way talented in designing a beautiful ui, so I initially picked out someone elses design for a tablet ui to get some inspiration from, but since he actually uses it in his own webpage I can't use it in mine (These are his words, and I accept them as they are).

Therefore I decided to ask, if someone may be interested to do a mockup of a suitable page, which I could then use to continue coding. Credits obviously would been given and the entire webpage is going to be released when done under the GPL license.

Functions the UI would need to have:
  • Big rectangular uncovered space for plugin content.
  • Buttons which when pressed trigger plugin events (symbolic or text).
  • Tabs or selectable sub-sections of the plugin.
  • A settings button for the plugin (can be a specific tab).
  • A possibility to switch between plugins (plugins represented symbolic or by text)

Optional UI Functions:
  • Add-tab button
  • Plugin Name
  • Plugin Icon
  • Plugin Description(2-3 words max)
  • Whatever you may like, but please keep it simple and intuitive.

I am aware that this might well be seen as vaporware (you got no proof of me actually doing anything), but I really got nothing to show off at the moment.

If you got this far, first thanks for reading ^^ and if you consider designing a mockup, thanks for that.

D0nR0s4

Oh, and if anyone is interested, the whole website is going to be written in PHP and javascript, with the plugins having a javascript component and the possibility to populate the given plugin-area with pretty much any language you'd like.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unified Extendable Web Frontend needs Design0