Analog 5.1 low volume xbmc 10
Video card: HD5770
Ram: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
Sound: onboard using 3- 3.5mm jacks 5.1 surround

The sound works normal using every other program, when using XBMC set to Analog/5.1/Internal 5.1 Surround sound
The sound comes out all speakers but is at a very low volume with everything cranked up to its max.

I have two different hard drives, one with Win7 on it the other with Linux Mint 11 on it.
I tried it with the Win7 hard drive and it worked as it should, it detected it as it should be set on the Windows drive, but I could never get anything but a low volume on the Linux drive.

I only use the Windows drive for when I want to play a game, not as my regular use OS.

Hopefully one of you folks has an answer for this problem.Nod
have you tried looking at alsamixer (command line tool) to raise your volume leves (I know that is on ubuntu but not sure if it is on mint)
I can take a look and see if that is the problem, thanks for the suggestion.
Well I looked at alsamixer in the terminal no solution there, but a small solution I found that works a little better than what I was getting is that the onboard sound can do 7.1
So I set everything in the systems area to 7.1 after I set it on the desktop as 7.1 instead of 5.1 and I got increased volume.
Not as much as I would like, but much better.
Going to have to research it a little more to see what can be found.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Analog 5.1 low volume xbmc 100