Ukrainian Translation
Hello,

What is the situation with the Ukrainian translation Eden.
Someone making it?
I am willing to help with the Ukrainian translation.

Best regards,
Volodymyr
I'm planning to do Ukrainian translation as well, though I cannot tell how long it will take because I'm doing it in my own spare time. Good thing is that now I have Russian translation that is verified according to context and string lengths - which I can use as a reference, so it will allow me to skip rather time consuming post-translation testing phase or at least reduce it to minimum. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish this before the final Eden release. If not, I will post the language files here.
Roman_V_M Wrote:I'm planning to do Ukrainian translation as well, though I cannot tell how long it will take because I'm doing it in my own spare time. Good thing is that now I have Russian translation that is verified according to context and string lengths - which I can use as a reference, so it will allow me to skip rather time consuming post-translation testing phase or at least reduce it to minimum. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish this before the final Eden release. If not, I will post the language files here.

Thanks for the work. We are planning to set a web based, team oriented translation system after Eden is out. So for Eden everything goes in the regular way, but after that, you Sky-Line and Roman_V_M can both work on the translations for the next release.

@Roman_V_M: Is the Russian translation finalized ? If not, than I wait for it to get ready before committing it to GIT. You can add the final version in one of your already open ticket. You don't have to open up a new one.

Thanks. Attila
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
alanwww1 Wrote:@Roman_V_M: Is the Russian translation finalized ? If not, than I wait for it to get ready before committing it to GIT. You can add the final version in one of your already open ticket. You don't have to open up a new one.

Thanks. Attila

I have already submitted the updated Russian translation via track - I'm sort of supervising it now.Smile
As for the new web-based localization tool, it seems interesting I will look into it.
Roman_V_M Wrote:I'm planning to do Ukrainian translation as well, though I cannot tell how long it will take because I'm doing it in my own spare time. Good thing is that now I have Russian translation that is verified according to context and string lengths - which I can use as a reference, so it will allow me to skip rather time consuming post-translation testing phase or at least reduce it to minimum. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish this before the final Eden release. If not, I will post the language files here.
Thank you for your work!

If you need help, please let me know.

Best regards,
Volodymyr
While we are waiting for the launch a new translation system I've decided to publish a completed Ukrainian translation for those who'd want to have it now.
It can be downloaded from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24356082/XBMC_UA_release.zip
The ZIP includes strings.xml files for the main GUI, Confluence skin and themoviedb and thetvdb scrapers. To install the translation you need to copy the language files in the following subfolders of the XBMC install folder (on Windows this is %ProgramFiles%\XBMC\):
.\language\Ukrainian\ - main GUI
.\addons\skin.confluence\language\Ukrainian\ - Confluence (you need to create \Ukrainian\ subfolder)
language files for add-ons can be found either in the XBMC install folder in .\addons\ or (if these add-ons have been updated) in the user profile folder also in .\addons\ subfolder. On Windows XBMC user profile folder usually is in %ProgramData%\XBMC\.
Thanks. I'll convert it into the new language format and commit it.

Cheers
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Thanks, though I'm a bit confused. I don't see any Ukrainian translation for Confluence in git, and the main translation file is outdated. But in today's nightly build for Win I see the same outdated file for the main GUI and my translation for Confluence.

BTW, I' have slightly cleaned the translation file for Confluence (there were strings for PVR left there by mistake).
(2012-05-07, 19:57)Roman_V_M Wrote: Thanks, though I'm a bit confused. I don't see any Ukrainian translation for Confluence in git, and the main translation file is outdated. But in today's nightly build for Win I see the same outdated file for the main GUI and my translation for Confluence.

BTW, I' have slightly cleaned the translation file for Confluence (there were strings for PVR left there by mistake).

Sorry, not had time to commit it. I'll do it soon.
Commited here: Commited: 2cd1b7c99802e74d0647965623888cacdfa8498f

Thanks, cheers !

Next time only use the web based tool please.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ukrainian Translation0