Resume and bookmark audio files

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bernard G Offline
It would be really good to be able to pause playing an audio file (perhaps an audiobook or a podcast), and to be able to resume playing at a later date from the same point in the file. There is a facility for bookmarking video files, but not (it seems) audio files.

My enthusuasm for this comes about because of the likelihood that the forthcoming Raspberry Pi tiny-computer will make an excellent portable media player when used with XBMC. I would like to be able to replay audio files (in MP2, MPG and MP3 formats) with this bookmarking facility.

Is there any prospect for getting this facility added, please?
find quote
JRP72 Offline
I too would love to have this feature. I end up using iTunes just for that reason.
JP
find quote
Bernard G Offline
Thanks for your support, JP. A perceived problem that has prevented me (and my wife) from using iTunes is that I have not found a portable media player with iTunes that does not have a touch screen or tiny buttons - no good for a person with arthritic fingers!! There will be much more scope for a user-friendly interface with XBMC on a Raspberry Pi. BernardG.
find quote
penlou Offline
As i often listen conferences or radio shows, i would be very happy to have this feature !
FP
find quote