Updating List Container items in a newly defined GUIMediaWindow Class
Hi all,

I am currently trying to develop a new CGUIMediaWindow to add to the existing XBMC windows. The idea of the new window is to host an Internet-based directory, where all the items are loaded from some third-party API. The idea would be something like an add-on, but since there is no Python library for this API but instead there is a C library, I am trying to integrate this into XBMC.

My problem is that I do not entirely understand HOW-TO access and update a List Container within the window. The idea is to retrieve several items from the Internet, parse them and update a List Container where its items might be from different types. This is very easy in Python and the xbmcgui module, since I only have to addItem() everyone of them.

Browsing through the C++ code I am not able to find anywhere a kind-of addItem function. For instance, in the CGUIBaseContainer class (the closest to my desires I´ve found) I can only add Static Items, which I believe would be something more like "Add Source.." kind of items.

Could anyone give me a hand with this? Either if you know about some tutorial somewhere or whatever advice you can give me about how to proceed, which classes I should take a look at...

Thank you in advance
use python ctypes module an load that clib from python ... so you don't need to adapt xbmc code...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating List Container items in a newly defined GUIMediaWindow Class0