Why doesn't ticket #12231 (iPhone rotation patch) get pulled for Eden?
I'm just wondering, but are the developers waiting until after Eden to pull (ie. integrate) ticket #12231 which fixes upside down Quicktime MOV video files?

I understand the solution in the patch isn't optimal since it requires more software processing (as opposed to GPU) but I'd think it's better to have movies play in the correct orientation but a bit slower than not to play (ie. upside down).

Anyways - I'm just wondering and not criticizing so please don't take my question the wrong way Smile
Memphiz mentioned on the ticket he'd integrate it post-Eden after some work on it.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
SofaKng Wrote:I'm just wondering, but are the developers waiting until after Eden to pull (ie. integrate) ticket #12231 which fixes upside down Quicktime MOV video files?

I understand the solution in the patch isn't optimal since it requires more software processing (as opposed to GPU) but I'd think it's better to have movies play in the correct orientation but a bit slower than not to play (ie. upside down).

Anyways - I'm just wondering and not criticizing so please don't take my question the wrong way Smile

What part of feature freeze do you not understand ? If we make one exception, then another, then another and as a result Eden never goes out. The typical release method is a) feature freeze, b) bug fix, beta release, c) rinse/repeat b), d) rc release, e) final.
Learn to hold your iphones in the right orientation god damn *ducks, and runs* Big Grin
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
To be fair to the OP, I would file "my videos play upside down" as a bug rather than a feature enchancement. But anyway, post-eden!
AWilco Wrote:To be fair to the OP, I would file "my videos play upside down" as a bug rather than a feature enchancement. But anyway, post-eden!

its a feature of the mov container which is not supported on used ffmpeg ... one allways can turn it around between feature and bug of course...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2012-02-10, 12:33)Memphiz Wrote: Learn to hold your iphones in the right orientation god damn *ducks, and runs* Big Grin

If I may add to this, holding the iPhone "the right way" is counterintuitive to me, because then the volume buttons are at the bottom. And I use those to start/stop recording...

If I may ask, what is the state of this issue? I'm new to XBMC and so far have so much fun with it (I switched from MediaPortal), especially with the video performance. This "feature enhancement bug fix" would make me so very very happy.

Can I bribe you? How much donation is needed? Angel
Damn you could pay me a couple of hundreds of bucks. But sadly this feature is already integrated into current XBMC versions (beside on windows when dxva2 hardware decoding is used - you can pay me as much as you want but i will not be able to solve that Wink ).
I cannot go without hardware decoding, so after understanding its a known Windows issue I tested and finally installed XBMCbuntu. Very very impressive!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why doesn't ticket #12231 (iPhone rotation patch) get pulled for Eden?0