• 49(current)
[FRODO release] Skin Widgets
Quote:Any idea where I could find the latest version ?

github: xbmc/repo-scripts gotham branch

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
One qestion from beginner:

There is strm file, which is added to the media library and properly scraped with actual info.

when playback is initiated from playlist I am able to catch infoLabel('ListItem.DBTYPE ') during :
Code:
class MyPlayer(xbmc.Player):
          def __init__(self, *args):
                 pokus = xbmc.getInfoLabel('ListItem.DBID  ')
and then search for any information needed with json-rpc

but

when strm file playback is initiated from widgets, I am not able find any suitable infoLabel from which would
contain information leading to library database. There is a lot of properties like
Code:
xbmc.getInfoLabel('Window(Home).Property(RecentEpisode.1.Title)')
but any of them does not indicate which item was selected

Probably I miss something very basic Huh

Thank you very much for any clarification.
hi Zbyna,

maybe you should use : Library Data Provider
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210063
Hi gates,
thanks for great tip.

I refactored my issue again yesterday Smile and figured out possibility
to include location of strm file in this file itself as parameter
Code:
title
Then it is possible to obtain strm file name+path from
Code:
VideoPlayer.Title
during stream playback and mine needed information from video library.
Is there a more recent support thread than this one marked as [Frodo]?

What I'm wondering is if any progress has been made to allow recognition of video nodes with this widget set.

I have set up a custom node to include only documentary films, which KODI sees as movies and I would like this widget to only return results from that node. So effectively showing only new documentaries instead of all new movies.

Cheers and thanks for such a great widget set. I use it with the Xonfluence skin.

Robert
(2018-04-06, 19:10)WildPhydeaux Wrote: Is there a more recent support thread than this one marked as [Frodo]?

What I'm wondering is if any progress has been made to allow recognition of video nodes with this widget set.

I have set up a custom node to include only documentary films, which KODI sees as movies and I would like this widget to only return results from that node. So effectively showing only new documentaries instead of all new movies.

Cheers and thanks for such a great widget set. I use it with the Xonfluence skin.

Robert

You should be able to do pretty much everything that you want with a smart playlist.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2018-04-08, 09:18)jurialmunkey Wrote: You should be able to do pretty much everything that you want with a smart playlist.

Correct, I have a smart playlists created for my Documentary stuff which excludes "normal" movies and for Movies which excludes Documentary films. That part works fine. The new video node I created created is for the Documentaries, which are all located in a specified folder. And the default Movies node is limited to another specified folder.

My question is if the skin widgets can now recognize and differentiate between different nodes. So for instance right now when set to show Recently Added Movies its actually showing the most recently added items from both the Movies and the Documentaries video nodes.

Now, I understand that I can just use separate smart playlists for each Movies and Documentaries that effectively show just the most recent x-number of items for each, but these are significantly slower to generate and refresh compared to the skin widgets. And they don't display nicely - well, actually the Movies one does, but the TV Episodes doesn't (thumbnail is ok, but label isn't).

Cheers,
Robert
Update to service.skin.widgets

I have updated service.skin.widgets for Kodi 19 Matrix.  The updated version is in the python3 branch of my forked repo and can be reached here:

service.skin.widgets python3

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FRODO release] Skin Widgets8