• 42(current)
[RELEASE] Random and last items smartplaylist script for Skins
(2014-02-15, 22:29)sveni_lee Wrote: thanks...
that should work...

actually i fix that
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1627805
so you mean there is no need to do this anymore?
because yesterday I make a fresh install of my htpc but i have still this issue... or must I do this manually?
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
download that file and past it in you 1080i folder
Thanks...
yes it works... One little think.
I tried to build a custom widget 2 for "Kids-Movies" in progress but it allways shows me "last Kids-Movies"
Slow Loading Fix for LARGE PLAYLISTS

Well, now I have some good progress, though not on my Aeon MQ5 setup.

I figured out a workaround for aeon nox for large collections of multi-thousand movies/episode playlists using this addon.

In Aeon Nox, you have the option of choosing which playlist you want this addon to parse for wherever you're putting it.
Simply make another 2 playlists
Make a playlist limited to 250 items sorted by date added descending. This will load instantly and give you essentially the same function, but the addon has to parse less because xbmc reduces the size of the parse.
For random, do the same as above, but set to random limited to 250.

Again, this only works because Aeon Nox let's you specify WHAT to parse. (You can do this in the area where you edit home menu items. Press the up button and go to smart playlist manager or w/e it's called then add new ones based on your newly created playlists and point the widget to them on your respective home menu item).

I'll edit this post if someone figures out what to edit on Aeon MQ5 as well.
Does anyone know of a way to do this in Aeon MQ5? or a way of editing the home menu to do similar since the widget seems automatically populated in Aeon MQ5.
@Quiksmage, if you use smart playlist, in MQ5 is very easy have widgets (it´s work fine and don´t need any extra step), go to settings, customize Main Meny, use replace function for choose smartplaylist, rename item, clone submenu (movies or tv shows), done.

You have new item, easily and work with widgets.

Look my video in pt-br, but it´s easy understand:

MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2014-02-16, 03:56)Wanilton Wrote: @Quiksmage, if you use smart playlist, in MQ5 is very easy have widgets (it´s work fine and don´t need any extra step), go to settings, customize Main Meny, use replace function for choose smartplaylist, rename item, clone submenu (movies or tv shows), done.

I'm not trying to change the smart playlist of the main menu though. I'm trying to change the widget associated with it.

I want my television main menu to still consist of all 5000 episodes when I go inside it, but I want the widget paging a different playlist containing only 250 items so that it doesn't take a long time to load.

I have a second playlist consisting of far less items ONLY AND SPECIFICALLY USED for the random & last items widget. I don't have the playlist used anywhere else. Can we do this in aeon mq5?
Understand now, I think it´s not possible in Aeon MQ 5.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2014-02-16, 04:30)Quiksmage Wrote:
(2014-02-16, 03:56)Wanilton Wrote: @Quiksmage, if you use smart playlist, in MQ5 is very easy have widgets (it´s work fine and don´t need any extra step), go to settings, customize Main Meny, use replace function for choose smartplaylist, rename item, clone submenu (movies or tv shows), done.

I'm not trying to change the smart playlist of the main menu though. I'm trying to change the widget associated with it.

I want my television main menu to still consist of all 5000 episodes when I go inside it, but I want the widget paging a different playlist containing only 250 items so that it doesn't take a long time to load.

I have a second playlist consisting of far less items ONLY AND SPECIFICALLY USED for the random & last items widget. I don't have the playlist used anywhere else. Can we do this in aeon mq5?

Have you tried aeon nox gotham that used directory listing? Mike provided the link before..
(2014-02-16, 06:25)denywinarto Wrote: Have you tried aeon nox gotham that used directory listing? Mike provided the link before..

Everything is fine for me on Aeon Nox.
I'm trying to get this working on Aeon MQ5
you can refer to my post #620 for what I did on nox.
So tried again with widgets for video-playlists.
Is there a chance to delete a custom-widget? I want to remove an older one.

Is there a reason why it's not possible to create a custom-widget "in progress" for a video-playlist?
Sveni_lee, your questions are not related to the script but to the skin you use.

Ask to the skinner.
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
ok, thank you.
I'll ask Warlion in the Aeon Nox Tread...
@Quiksmage and Deny : You should try Aeon Nox 5 release 8 and latest Gotham nightly :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1637133

I have duplicate my smart playlists and add limit and order statements to speed up results :

Smart playlist for custom menu : Parents.xsp

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Parents</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>Parents</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

Smart playlist for custom menu widget : Parents-Widget.xsp

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Parents Last 10 Widget</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>Parents</value>
    </rule>
    <limit>10</limit>
    <order direction="descending">dateadded</order>
</smartplaylist>

So I create custom menu based on Parents.xsp for action and Parents-Widget.xsp for widget and background :

And everything is OK :

Except you cannot have infoline (stats for custom menu). But I think that with your huge library, widgets will load at light speed Big Grin
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Can you tell me what might be error of why my "Randomandlast items" script fails

I am running windows 7, latest nightly of Gotham and latest version of AN 4.1.9

XBMC log- http://pastebin.com/5ULRgYTh
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Random and last items smartplaylist script for Skins1