• 7(current)
[RELEASE] SpeedFan Information Display
Hi pkscout,

SpeedFan is unable to read my fan's RPM values. However it does show speed percentage.

Is there any way to show the percentage without "0 rpm" and without brackets?

Now percentage is shown as:
Fan: 0rpm (10%)

What I would like it to be:
Fan: 10%

Many thanks!
(2014-08-15, 08:01)AussieFries Wrote: Hi pkscout,

SpeedFan is unable to read my fan's RPM values. However it does show speed percentage.

Is there any way to show the percentage without "0 rpm" and without brackets?

Now percentage is shown as:
Fan: 0rpm (10%)

What I would like it to be:
Fan: 10%

Many thanks!

There isn't anyway to do that right now. I'll have to change the display code. I'm having to find a new place to live unexpectedly (our landlords are kicking us out so they can come live in Hawaii for awhile), so it may be a couple of weeks before I can find time to do this. I'll post a beta as soon as I can.
Thank you very much for your quick reply. Hope you find a great new place soon!
NEW BETA

0.6.1~beta1 adjusts the display logic so that if Speedfan reports a speed of 0, then it won't be displayed at all. So for speeds you'll see one of three things:

1820rpm (52%) <-- got speed and percentage
999rpm <-- got only speed
35% <-- got only percentage

You can get this beta by installing my beta repo and then installing SpeedFan Info Display from there.

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.be...-1.0.2.zip
Thank you very much for finding the time to add this feature! Much appreciated!
Hi,

I have Kodi 15 and SFI 0.7.1. I see my values and labels reversed. That is, The value is on the left and the label (+colon) on the right. This is opposite from the screen image posted. Is there any fix? Am I doing something wrong?

Jeff
(2015-08-09, 02:03)jeffj9930 Wrote: Hi,

I have Kodi 15 and SFI 0.7.1. I see my values and labels reversed. That is, The value is on the left and the label (+colon) on the right. This is opposite from the screen image posted. Is there any fix? Am I doing something wrong?

Nope. That appears to be a bug, or at least something changed with Kodi v15. I'll take a look at it and upload a fix as soon as I can. BTW, if you use the compact display everything looks fine.
Hi,

Thanks! Appreciate the help and quick response.

Jeff
Hi pkscout,

i want to integrate the info collected by SpeedFan Information Display into my home screen.xml (e.g. showing CPU Temperature under the date). However i cant seem to find the right attributes for $INFO Infolabel. Im quite new to XBMC so maybe i just missing something very basic. In that case, sorry.

Could you please help out?

Thanks!
trillian
(2015-08-14, 13:00)Trillian_M1 Wrote: i want to integrate the info collected by SpeedFan Information Display into my home screen.xml (e.g. showing CPU Temperature under the date). However i cant seem to find the right attributes for $INFO Infolabel. Im quite new to XBMC so maybe i just missing something very basic. In that case, sorry.

Unfortunately that isn't possible. SFID populates a special window that is created when the addon is run. It doesn't provide any infolabels to the skin. SFID was really designed to be a quick glance thing, not something that runs in the background all the time.

I will add this as a feature request, but it isn't a quick add, so it may be some time before I get to it.
Hi pkscout

thanks for your quick reply and for adding this as a feature request. As my system is passive cooled I like to have an eye on temperature and what is going on with the system. So this is vital information for me. It would be great if I could display this information in the home screen all the time.
Looking forward to a release with this feature.

Thanks in advance.
(2015-08-15, 08:47)Trillian_M1 Wrote: Hi pkscout

thanks for your quick reply and for adding this as a feature request. As my system is passive cooled I like to have an eye on temperature and what is going on with the system. So this is vital information for me. It would be great if I could display this information in the home screen all the time.
Looking forward to a release with this feature.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
As I understand your request can't be implemented in SpeedFan Add-on as it is doing a "static" read of values in log files so it is impossible to display temp or fan speed on home screen all the time. But I was able to find the way how to accomplish your need and successfully implement it on my Kodi.
So this is what I did:
- copy original Confluence skin to Confluence.My (cp -r /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence.My)
- edit addon ID so it looks different then the original Confluence (nano /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence.My/addon.xml -> id="skin.confluence.My-Kodi)
- edit /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence.My/720p/VideoFullScreen.xml below the section:
<control type="label" id="1">
<description>Clock label</description>
<left>450</left>
<top>5</top>
<width>800</width>
<height>25</height>
<align>right</align>
<aligny>center</aligny>
<font>font15</font>
<textcolor>white</textcolor>
<shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
<label>$INFO[System.Time]</label>
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="-70,0" time="0" condition="Window.IsVisible(VideoOSD)">conditional</animation>
</control>
I have added one more "Clock label" section as follow:
<control type="label" id="1">
<description>Clock label</description>
<left>450</left>
<top>25</top>
<width>800</width>
<height>25</height>
<align>right</align>
<aligny>center</aligny>
<font>font10</font>
<textcolor>yellow</textcolor>
<shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
<label>CPU Temp: $INFO[System.CPUTemperature]</label>
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="-70,0" time="0" condition="Window.IsVisible(VideoOSD)">conditional</animation>
</control>
As the result all the time when you are at home screen of your Kodi you will see in yellow color in upper right corner information about Temp.
I hope this is what you are looking for.

And now back to SpeedFan Add-on.
First: this is really good idea and really nice Add-on but... it would be perfect if can be extended to fulfill some of more common configurations which I guess a lot of users running: Openelec (or another Unix-based OS) + Kodi installed on Raspberry Pi / Pi2 / Pi3 + library running on NAS box. My idea is an Add-on which can be configured to read remote files which store Temperature and Fan values. As different vendors of NAS boxes use different Linux distributions it can be tricky to configure Add-on to read different formats of those files.
One example from my Alt-F which is running on my D-Link DNS-320 - current Temperature value is stored in /tmp/sys/temp1_input file. This file contain only one value, e.g 43000 which means 43°C:
[root@dns320]# cat /tmp/sys/temp1_input
[root@dns320]#

Current Fan speed value is located in /tmp/sys/fan1_input file and contain one value too, but it is exact value of fan's speed:
[root@dns320]# cat /tmp/sys/fan1_input
[root@dns320]#

Second thing which should be configurable is ability to read data from mentioned files when connecting to the NAS using NFS protocol instead of SAMBA.

So this is my idea - kind of parser for reading values of Temperature and/or Fan speed from different files located on different locations (NFS, SAMBA shares)

How do you see this idea? Is it possible to build Add-on which do what I provided?
(2016-03-06, 22:48)rafikW Wrote: First: this is really good idea and really nice Add-on but... it would be perfect if can be extended to fulfill some of more common configurations which I guess a lot of users running: Openelec (or another Unix-based OS) + Kodi installed on Raspberry Pi / Pi2 / Pi3 + library running on NAS box. My idea is an Add-on which can be configured to read remote files which store Temperature and Fan values. As different vendors of NAS boxes use different Linux distributions it can be tricky to configure Add-on to read different formats of those files.

While SID could be expanded to read other file formats, the only thing I have is a Windows box running SpeedFan, and I probably won't be investing in other hardware to write the code. Since SID technically just reads the log file that's generated by SpeedFan, I might be able to do it with log files submitted by other folks, but I'm not sure I have the time to do that.

Quote:Second thing which should be configurable is ability to read data from mentioned files when connecting to the NAS using NFS protocol instead of SAMBA.

That should already be possible. SID uses the Kodi virtual file system to read files, so anything that Kodi can read SID can read (and I'm pretty sure NFS is one of those).
OK, I fully understand that it would be a big challenge for you to extend your add-on to manage another log files structures.
Therefore I'm trying to adjust my solution to your app.
What I did until now is that I'm gathering temperature and fan speed values generated on my NAS, making a strings manipulations and building input file which is having the same structure as native Speed Fan Microsoft Windows version have and finally sending this file to Raspberry Pi.
SFLog20160310.csv:
Seconds NAS.temp NAS.speed
34791 55.0 6000
34793 55.0 6000
34796 54.0 6000
34799 54.0 6000
34802 54.0 6000
34806 55.0 6000
34809 55.0 6000
34812 54.0 6000
34815 55.0 6000
34818 55.0 6000
34824 55.0 6000
34830 55.0 6000
34833 54.0 6000
34836 54.0 6000
34839 54.0 6000

So far it running perfectly but I have one question: I see information on screen is presented only when in csv file there are more than 15 lines. If there is less - black screen without values is shown. Why is it that limit?
(2016-03-10, 11:04)rafikW Wrote: So far it running perfectly but I have one question: I see information on screen is presented only when in csv file there are more than 15 lines. If there is less - black screen without values is shown. Why is it that limit?

I honestly don't know. I didn't intentionally code anything to ignore a file with less than 15 lines, but it's possible that some of the logic to find the last line of the file (without having to read the whole thing in to memory) might have caused that. I'm guessing I never noticed because the SpeedFan log file very quickly gets longer than 15 lines, so the only time this would be an issue is for a few seconds right after the log file rolls each day. Since I'm not usually up and checking temps at midnight, I never noticed.

If you post a debug log (turn on debugging in both Kodi *and* in the SpeedFan settings) with a file of less than 15 lines, maybe something will jump out that I can fix.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SpeedFan Information Display0