XBMC security problem?
Hi,

I have a very strange problem, with xbmc pvr edition.
Earlier I used yavdr, now I use XBMCbuntu based on oneiric mini iso and pulse-eight ppa.

On both system, after a period of time, mp3 files appeared in /home/xbmc/.xbmc/temp directory. (or, in yavdr it was in /var/lib/vdr/.xbmc/temp/)

I never downloaded those by myself, and the very same files appeared after the complete reinstall from yavdr to xbmcbuntu...

The owner of the files is xbmc:xbmc (in yavdr it was vdr:vdr) I set up an individual password for xbmc at install.
There is a cookies.dat file as well and a rarfolder0000 folder with more files.

I would be glad if someone could help me find out where those files comes from and avoid them being appear there again...

I only added tvheadend plugin after install.
My htpc is behind a router, and it is not opened to the internet
I found out that cookies.dat is created when I start to watch a youtube video with the youtube plugin...
Benoe Wrote:I found out that cookies.dat is created when I start to watch a youtube video with the youtube plugin...

In the cookies.dat there is a reference to a site: to**entaz*s

it appears there when I actually start a video from the list.
I disabled Youtube cache servers in the add-on Advanced settings, and so far no file was created. (and no mp3)

I hope there will be no more strange mp3 files there but, since it is the default setting (cache servers) I don't know if others have the same problem. Maybe they have, but they don't know about it. (like I didn't know it before)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC security problem?0