Combine two Files
Hey Guys,

i've got another Question with Scraper/XBMC.
It it possible to combine two movie files to one? I have a move with two parts, every part is round about 60 minutes. I want to have this to have as one movie with 120min in XBMC.

Is there a way to do it with a Folder an .nfo or something else?

Thx for help.
Don't need to combined them. This is not true for all split movies but if you just let it scrape the first one it will play the second one too and only one will show in Library mode as 120 Min. But in file mode it will show both
end the names of the parts film with cd1, cd 2 or part 1, part 2 and xbmc will read it as one file.

i.e.
randomfilmname CD 1.mkv
randomfilmname CD 2.mkv
or
randomfilmname Part 1.mkv
randomfilmname Part 2.mkv

I'd suggest you go and have a poke around the wiki, it's full of very usefull info.
karandras24 Wrote:end the names of the parts film with cd1, cd 2 or part 1, part 2 and xbmc will read it as one file.

i.e.
randomfilmname CD 1.mkv
randomfilmname CD 2.mkv
or
randomfilmname Part 1.mkv
randomfilmname Part 2.mkv

I'd suggest you go and have a poke around the wiki, it's full of very usefull info.

I did this to one movie, and the scraper found both parts, and stacked them just fine in the movie list. Just like it was supposed to. The problem was that when I actually played the movie, it dumped me back to the directory at the end of part one. Only way I could finish watching was to go to the file listings and manually select part2.

Disappointing.

Michael
errr... sorry then mate i can't help.

All my films are ripped from my own dvd / BluRay collection, so they are all single mkv files (the menu's and extras don't really interest me).

You could always use something like mkv merge / avi joiner to combine the files (depending on the format)
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TV_...eo_Library) Have a look under "multi-part episodes" I know it's tv but could work for films..
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Combine two Files0