Organising movies?
Hi all I've probably spent the last month perfecting my HTPC (remote will arrive this coming week and I am pretty well done) I have TV Eps and Anime working harmoniously (as well as automatically <3 sickbeard) however I just have a quick question regarding movies.

While I've added them to XBMC I really haven't been able to go through them properly and name and reorganise them while also ensuring they will scrape the necessary meta data. I can probably go through manually but I'd like to be able to run and addon or app that goes through my library and lets me fix stuff a little more easily. What i don't want it to do however is download a lot of nfos and jpegs to dump in my movie folder. I love how xbmc stores them elsewhere so my base folders don't get ruined and are easily navigated.

Any suggestions?

Otherwise thanks to everyone that puts in so much work on this, my HTPC really is the envy of all my friends, had many movie and anime nights since this thing was set up <3
Star 
I'm not sure how you store your media... as a flat file system or does each movie have it's own named folder? If it's the later, then something like theRenamer would work perfectly for tidying up the naming convention.

http://www.therenamer.com/
I use a flat folder, I was just hoping something that I could import movies into, have to sort it into an alphabetical database then grab all the necessary info for xbmc to scrape would be nice. Most of them have been named properly now though I guess so it might just be easier to do it manually after having looked around.
Ember Media Manager
scrape data/images, rename and sort into folders.
Star 
grnt Wrote:I use a flat folder, I was just hoping something that I could import movies into, have to sort it into an alphabetical database then grab all the necessary info for xbmc to scrape would be nice. Most of them have been named properly now though I guess so it might just be easier to do it manually after having looked around.
Did you have a look at theRenamer at all.... it's drag & drop, pretty quick.
Yeah I've used it in the past and was hoping for a little more utility, I used that app to get the movies in the state they are in. It's not as bad as first glance so will do manually

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Organising movies?0