[Windows] Help using eventghost with CP/Sickbeard
Hi all,

I'm trying to run eventghost to automatically start xbmc at startup as well as CP and Sickbeard. I also use Sabnzbd, but since Sabnzbd never shuts down even with the browser closed, I don't think I have to start Sabnzbd everytime....am I on the right path with that one?

As for CP/Sickbeard, I am able to get eventghost to start these applications but the problem that I run into is that CP/Sickbeard both ask for usernames and passwords once they are started. Since I want my HTPC to be as seamless as possible, I'm trying to find a way to have XBMC run automatically when I boot up, and have CP/sickbeard open and run in the background without me having to go into them. I access both apps from another computer on the network.

Is there a way to configure eventghost to automatically bypass the login for CP/Sickbeard at startup? My login credentials are already saved, but they still require me to click OK or press ENTER. I just want them to automatically start when the computer boots up.

Any ideas? I've tried searching both the forums and google to no avail...hope i'm posting this correctly.

Thanks in advance!
pyoo323 Wrote:Hi all,

I'm trying to run eventghost to automatically start xbmc at startup as well as CP and Sickbeard. I also use Sabnzbd, but since Sabnzbd never shuts down even with the browser closed, I don't think I have to start Sabnzbd everytime....am I on the right path with that one?

As for CP/Sickbeard, I am able to get eventghost to start these applications but the problem that I run into is that CP/Sickbeard both ask for usernames and passwords once they are started. Since I want my HTPC to be as seamless as possible, I'm trying to find a way to have XBMC run automatically when I boot up, and have CP/sickbeard open and run in the background without me having to go into them. I access both apps from another computer on the network.

Is there a way to configure eventghost to automatically bypass the login for CP/Sickbeard at startup? My login credentials are already saved, but they still require me to click OK or press ENTER. I just want them to automatically start when the computer boots up.

Any ideas? I've tried searching both the forums and google to no avail...hope i'm posting this correctly.

Thanks in advance!
Why not run them as Services?
jjd-uk Wrote:Why not run them as Services?

If I run CP/Sickbeard as services, will i still be able to make windows boot to shell as xbmc with eventghost?
Yes, that's the whole point of installing applications as Services, it means they are continuously running in the background with no gui running no matter what you have running as the shell

I run both CP & Sickbeard from source on my WHS2011 server as services, so I can keep right up to date with latest developments, but the principle is the same no matter how you run them.
SB and CP dont ask for a password when you start them the PW is only for anything that connects to SB/CP (Browser, Smartphone...).
Do you use .exe versions or .py?
For .exe just start them with EventGhost and make sure you deactivate "open Browser on startup" in the CP and SB settings
Take a look at this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=1...ost1008471

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
saitoh183 Wrote:Take a look at this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=1...ost1008471
I've done it a slightly different way, which doesn't need any of those registry changes or moving of the data.db for CP
jjd-uk Wrote:I've done it a slightly different way, which doesn't need any of those registry changes or moving of the data.db for CP

Could you post what you did?

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
saitoh183 Wrote:Could you post what you did?
Sure.

1. Download Python 2.7.2 windows installer then run to install python

c:\webapps\python272

2. Add the path of the directory python is installed in to Enivironment Variables

Use this as a guide Guide to installing Python in Windows Vista

3. Download and unpack Cheetah2.4.4

c:\webapps\cheetah244

4. Open command prompt and navigate to cheetah install directory

cd c:\webapps\cheetah244

5. Configure cheetah from command prompt

python setup.py install

6. Wait for it to scroll through installation.

7. Download CP & Sickbeard source files and unpack

c:\webapps\couchpotato
c:\webapps\sickbeard

8. Create a batch file which is run to start CP or Sickbeard

couchpotato.bat contains:

c:\webapps\python272\python.exe c:\webapps\couchpotato\couchpotato.py

sickbeard.bat contains:

c:\webapps\python272\python.exe c:\webapps\sickbeard\sickbeard.py

9. Test batch files by opening and check command prompt window is opened which should tell you whether program is launched then depending on settings the browser may open. Check also from remote computer you can open the CP/Sickbeard webgui in the browser remotely.

10. Optional: once it's confirmed batch files correctly launch CP/Sickbeard the batch files can be adjusted so command prompt window is not shown by using the alternative exe:

pythonw.exe

so contents of couchpotato.bat will now contain:

c:\webapps\python272\pythonw.exe c:\webapps\couchpotato\couchpotato.py

11. Download Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools and Any Service Installer

12. Use Any Service Installer to add the couchpotato.bat & sickbeard.bat files as services.

The bat files in the above method could also be use to launch CP & Sickbeard via Task Scheduler or I guess Eventghost as well, I just prefer doing it as services as they as hidden and will restart if there's a crash.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Help using eventghost with CP/Sickbeard0