[ipad] prevent xbmc from stopping playback when locked.
Hello,

I've been using xbmc as my main audio player on my ipad for quite some time now and i realy like it. There is only one thing that keep bothering me and that is that the music playback stops when i close my smartcover, lock my device so the screen goes of or quit out of the app. I think i would be better if the app behaved just like the default ios ipod app does.

Maby this is something that could be changed.
Greetings,
Sander
I'm not sure, but it might be possible if you use Backgrounder from Cydia. If you use it to force XBMC to keep active it might prevent XBMC from closing/suspending/whatever it does when the smart cover closes.

Backgrounder in Cydia only works on iOS 4 and lower. There's a version floating around that works in iOS 5, but I'm not sure where (or how stable it is).
Hello,

I've found backgrounder on the big boss repo and it seems to be working on Ios 5.0.1 however it does not fix my problem. I've got backgrounding enabled however when i press the home button or lock the device my music still stops playing.

I've got multiple apps on my ipad wich continue playing their music when i quit the app or lock my device so it should be posible for the app maker to fix this. I realy hope this will be added in a future version of the app.
Well thats a very special feature which isn't even doable on any other plattform. It would need a really major refactor of some of our core components just for satisfying one plattform in a special use case. I don't say it will not happen. But i say it has very low priority and might not be worth the work which is needed to do it.

Remember XBMC main purpose is a media center software. Its not ment to be backgroundend with keeping something working in the background. Thats just out of scope of the intended use case imho.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
this feature is implemented here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2130
Still doesn't work. Any help?
Use nightly (wiki) or monthly (wiki) builds

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ipad] prevent xbmc from stopping playback when locked.0