How can I keep childrens movies in the folders view, but not in the Movies view?
I have three folders. 'TV Shows', 'Movies' and 'Kids Movies'.

But the Kids Movies show up in the Movies library too! I tried using the 'Hide Watched' option, but I have to disable it when I want to browse the childrens movies with the Files browser.

I'm *certain* that the files are not also in the Movies folder. They are only in the 'Kids Movies' folder. Is there a way to keep them seperate?

Thanks,
Jarlath
"Movies" is there not because you have a folder called movies, but because that's where you go to see all the movies in the library.
I think the best option to separate content is to create a kids profile.
The pros: have a diferent skin, have a separate library, have on the screen what you want to show for your kids hiding home menu items, etc etc ...
Ned Scott, thank you. I had read a tutorial in a magazine that said they were connected for that reason. Thanks for clearing that up.

Butchabay, I didn't know you could do that with profiles. If done that and created a passwordless login screen and now everybodys happy.

Thank you both very much. What a great system XBMC and it's community is.

Kind regards,
Jarlath
Question 
I may be doing it wrong, but here is what I did

I am running Eden beta 2 and using the XBMC Aeon MQ 3 skin in advanced mode I believe

I created several custom menu buttons
1 each for
Movies (Adult viewing)
Family Movies (Everything from Tangled to Beethoven, Animated and live action)
Scary (Horror type movies)
These all link to a Smart Playlist created for each of those types. I have a matching FOLDER where each of these content types lives, and the smart playlist is for Path Ends With H:\Family Movies etc...

TV is using the regular menu button and using the fact that I added the folder my tv shows are in as type TV SHOWS

Now here is where it gets tricky, I have a few things lift to add and I am not sure hot to proceed.

My cartoons folder contains New and Old cartoons. Phineas and Ferb as well as He Man or The Tick, and some Leapfrog educational stuff, and non Seasons of cartoons like some Looney Tunes.
Not sure how to add those in.

I am afraid if I add the folder as a source, and give it a type of TV SHOWS, then that content will show up alongside Bones and Kitchen Nightmares.
I know I can make a new Smart Playlist for whats in the h:\Cartoons folder, but not sure how it will treat the cartoon series vs the one ofs and such. Huh

Maybe this Profile thing is something I should look into.
Home Movies is another one I will have to figure out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I keep childrens movies in the folders view, but not in the Movies view?0