FanArt Slideshow When on Movie or TV Shows on Main Screen
Hey guys, I was watching a youtube video of Aeon Nox and someone had their Movie Fanart doing a slideshow in the background when on the home screen movie was selected. How would I be able to replicate this? I currently have XBMC 10.1 and the Aeon Nox Skin pretty standard with a few options changed from default
I have done this myself and it is super cool. There are a number of ways to do this. Unfortunately, at least for the way I did it, you have to be on Eden as the plug-in that I used to access the fanart is only for eden. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=114633

Basically, what I did was use the above script to download and organize the fanart. It can also copy it into separate folders; one for TV, one for Movies. You then make the background image for those "Multi-Image" and point it to those directories.

You can use the just the fanart that XBMC downloads when scraping but it groups TV and Movies into the same directory so it doesn't really work the way you would want. I believe I have seen a utility on here somewhere that will sort that for you without using Artwork Downloader but I enjoy having the extra fanart so I didn't look into it much. If I find it again, I'll post it here for you to check out.

There may be other solutions that people will post for you, but if you want to upgrade to 11, I will be happy to write up a little how-to guide for the way I did it.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
Hey, thanks for the help. I am semi-willing to upgrade to eden, how stable is it? I have an Acer Revo 1600 so I just want to make sure I can upgrade without much of a hiccup. But yes it looks super cool, I totally want that fanart slideshow Smile
I found the script I was talking about: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109304 but it is only for eden as well.
--
I held off on Eden for quite sometime as I was concerned about the same things. Not to mention, if my HTPC so much as hiccups when the wife is using it, I get a very nasty phone call. Anyway, I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to Beta 1. It works very well. I have not had ANY issues.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
Do you know of the safest way of updating to the new XBMCbuntu Eden from my XBMC Live? It currently says XBMC 10.1 Git:Unknown (compiled: Mar 9 2011)

I was not sure what the easiest way of updating to Eden would be without losing what I currently have.
I haven't used that version so I'm not sure. I can tell you that on my Windows install, I simply made backup copies of my program files and appdata directories. That way in the event things went very wrong, I could simply do a full uninstall of eden, reinstall dharma and copy my directories back into place.

You may want to search the forums or maybe start another thread if you can't find anything to make sure you could easily restore what you had in case things go wrong...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FanArt Slideshow When on Movie or TV Shows on Main Screen0