[LIVE] Advanced Launcher tiny (unreadable) menus
Hi,
I have advanced launcher installed and working with several emulators and stand alone games, but I'm having trouble with configuration of some of them because the menus are tiny. Literally a letter will cover only a few pixels on my screen and I can't work out what the words are. (When I say menus, I mean the actual "File", "View", "Options" etc. bar along the top of the window, as well as the settings screens and dialogue boxes with buttons, radio buttons, and drop down menus on them.)

I'm using a 1920x1080 LCD television. When the games are in fullscreen, they look great, but they need to be windowed to change settings etc. I need to access the settings on Kega Fusion for proper controls, and I have tried editing the config file directly, but it reverts to the settings of the gui next time I start the emulator, which I don't understand.

Another issue is with pcsx2, because it has a config wizard that needs to be setup properly to run the emulator at all, and I can't read anything on it. I have looked through the Advanced Launcher settings via the xbmc GUI, and also tried looking through the config files for Advanced launcher with no luck. I've tried changing the resolution in the video settings section of xbmc but to no avail. I've looked through the Advanced Launcher setup guides and also googled the problem, but can't find a single mention of it.

I'm hoping someone has some ideas as to what the problem might be. Thanks in advance.
Ballzac Wrote:Hi,
I have advanced launcher installed and working with several emulators and stand alone games, but I'm having trouble with configuration of some of them because the menus are tiny. Literally a letter will cover only a few pixels on my screen and I can't work out what the words are. (When I say menus, I mean the actual "File", "View", "Options" etc. bar along the top of the window, as well as the settings screens and dialogue boxes with buttons, radio buttons, and drop down menus on them.)
You just have to increase your Desktop font size.

Ballzac Wrote:I'm using a 1920x1080 LCD television. When the games are in fullscreen, they look great, but they need to be windowed to change settings etc. I need to access the settings on Kega Fusion for proper controls, and I have tried editing the config file directly, but it reverts to the settings of the gui next time I start the emulator, which I don't understand.
Thats a problem with Kega Fusion which save its last state when you close it. The trick is once you have finish to setup Kega fusion and saved its ini file, write protect it.

Ballzac Wrote:Another issue is with pcsx2, because it has a config wizard that needs to be setup properly to run the emulator at all, and I can't read anything on it. I have looked through the Advanced Launcher settings via the xbmc GUI, and also tried looking through the config files for Advanced launcher with no luck. I've tried changing the resolution in the video settings section of xbmc but to no avail. I've looked through the Advanced Launcher setup guides and also googled the problem, but can't find a single mention of it.
http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?ti...X2#Windows
Thanks heaps for your reply Smile
Angelscry Wrote:You just have to increase your Desktop font size.
So does this mean editing the skin I'm currently using? The fonts for everything else are fine. It's just that when Advanced Launcher is in windowed mode the font is tiny. I wouldn't want to affect any other font sizes in changing this, but I guess it's probably a specific font for message boxes and the like.

Angelscry Wrote:Thats a problem with Kega Fusion which save its last state when you close it. The trick is once you have finish to setup Kega fusion and saved its ini file, write protect it.
Ah, thanks. I never thought of that. If I can get the font fixed then this won't be a problem, but it's good to know anyway as a backup plan.

Angelscry Wrote:http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?ti...X2#Windows
I'm not really sure how that can help. :confused2: That page seems to be almost exclusively about MS Windows. I'm assuming that I'll be able to follow the appropriate steps in the PCSX2 setup wizard once I can actually read it. I have the bios for it and everything. Again, if I can change the font size like you suggest, then this will also be a non-issue.

Thanks again for you help Smile
Also, I just thought of something. Even if I manage to change the font size, that won't make the actual menus and message boxes bigger, and I'll end up with all the text running into itself because it's too big for the button it's on.

What I really need is for the windowed mode to be bigger. It's a full HD screen, and the window takes up probably about 200x200 pixels in the top left hand corner.
Why you do not switch the XBMC windows to fullscreen using "\" key?
Backslash does nothing. Escape switches between fullscreen and windowed on Kega Fusion, but as soon as it is fullscreen there are no menus, only the game. On PCSX2 there is no game yet as only the setup wizard is visible, and I don't know of any way to make this fullscreen.
Ballzac Wrote:Backslash does nothing. Escape switches between fullscreen and windowed on Kega Fusion, but as soon as it is fullscreen there are no menus, only the game. On PCSX2 there is no game yet as only the setup wizard is visible, and I don't know of any way to make this fullscreen.
That's mainly the problem of using a live version of XBMC. You do not have a full control on the desktop and so on all the windows appearing into it. That's not a problem related to Advanced Launcher but to Live XBMC.
While that's undoubtedly true, I can't find any mention of this problem anywhere, and plenty of people are using Advanced Launcher with XBMC Live, so there must be a simple fix or workaround.

Thanks again for you help.
Just an update. Your advice to change the font-size worked. I came across [url=http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-launcher/wiki/Linux_Emulators#Font_is_too_small_in_Emulator's_Gui[/url] little guide which solved the problem. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Advanced Launcher tiny (unreadable) menus0