TVshow w/Manual nfo not showing in XBMC
Hi,
I'm trying to get a TVshow to appear in XBMC (Eden B3). The show, BBC World News America, doesn't exist as far as TheTVDB is concerned. So I'm trying to get it to appear in XBMC via a nfo I generate. This wasn't working in Dharma either, but at least there I could easily go to file mode and access the recordings. With Eden I need to finally get this figured out.

All files are in a folder named BBC World News America. In my TV shows I do see the folder for BBC World News America.

The series tvshow.nfo contains this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<tvshow xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<title>BBC World News America</title>
<rating>5.000001</rating>
<plot>U.S.-targeted nightly newscast. aired on KQEDDT</plot>
<genre>News</genre>
</tvshow>

The episode is named: BBC World News America-(02_23_2012).ts

BBC World News America-(02_23_2012).nfo contains:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<episodedetails xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<fileinfo>
<lastupdate>2010-01-08T07:57:40.0100275-08:00</lastupdate>
<version>1.3</version>
</fileinfo>
<season></season>
<episode></episode>
<displayepisode>2012-02-23</displayepisode>
<director>Rome Hartman</director>
<aired>2012-02-23</aired>
</episodedetails>

When I run a scan all I see in the log (debug mode) is:
14:03:53 T:2930768752 DEBUG: OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://DATASTORE/Videos/TV%20Shows/BBC%20World%20News%20America
14:03:53 T:2930768752 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Could not enumerate file smb://DATASTORE/Videos/TV Shows/BBC World News America/BBC World News America-(02_23_2012).ts

Per the wiki it seems that what I'm doing should work, but it isn't. The problem is probably something simple, but I'm not seeing it.

Any suggestions?
Quote:Per the wiki it seems that what I'm doing should work, but it isn't. The problem is probably something simple, but I'm not seeing it.
Not quite what the wiki says, so my suggestion would be to try it exactly as the wiki says - I suspect the opening <tvshow> tag isn't being picked up as it's filled with other stuff.

Perhaps try:
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<tvshow>
<rating>5.000001</rating>
<genre>News</genre>
</tvshow>
and
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<episodedetails>
<fileinfo>
<lastupdate>2010-01-08T07:57:40.0100275-08:00</lastupdate>
<version>1.3</version>
</fileinfo>
<season></season>
<episode></episode>
<displayepisode>2012-02-23</displayepisode>
<director>Rome Hartman</director>
<aired>2012-02-23</aired>
</episodedetails>

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
I cleaned up the episodedetails and tvshow tags. No change.

Running in debug with the files named as in my original post the error log says it cannot enumerate the file.

Error log #1

If I change the episode file name to BBC World News America-02_23_2012.ts it then interprets the date as the season/episode

xbmc.log no ()

It appears from the log it isn't using the episode nfo. Should the nfo file be under a different name, ie BBC World News America-(02_23_2012).info ?
Ok, I reread the Wiki and this appears to be a bug. I have the files named properly yet xbmc.log doesn't indicate it even tries to open the episode nfo file. The wiki says it should, but it doesn't. The series nfo does get read, but it just doesn't see the episode nfo.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp..._nfo_Files
Ticket created:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12703
The trouble is that even though you have the .nfo file, the episode name must still match one of the tvshowmatching regexps (i.e SXXEYY etc.).

You can have date-based regexps, but the default ones only allow for . or - as delimiters, e.g. 2012-23-02, 23.02.2012, not underscores as you're using.
scudlee Wrote:The trouble is that even though you have the .nfo file, the episode name must still match one of the tvshowmatching regexps (i.e SXXEYY etc.).

You can have date-based regexps, but the default ones only allow for . or - as delimiters, e.g. 2012-23-02, 23.02.2012, not underscores as you're using.

i had never noticed that before - nice find.

scudlee Wrote:The trouble is that even though you have the .nfo file, the episode name must still match one of the tvshowmatching regexps (i.e SXXEYY etc.).

Thank you! I hammered on this for hours and that was the solution. I'll modify my import script to name these using a dash instead of the underscore.
I've spent hours trying to find out why some episodes didnt get scraped to the library so thank you TugboatBill for crating the ticket.

I don't agree with jmarshall the track ticket should be a feature request.
What is the point of the episode.nfo's episode and season tags if the information already have to be present in the episode file name (and match)?
Pneumatic | SABnzbd | XBMC that just works - openelec
What does it matter if it's a bug or a feature request? Either way it's on the list of things that the devs will address one day. FAIK, there's no firm priority list for XBMC tickets. If a dev has some interest in fixing a bug or adding an enhancement, it gets done.

The fix for me was simple, change the way I name those files.

This isn't the only gotcha out there. EMM works really well for movies, but for TV shows it screws up the tvshow.nfo (no episodeguideurl tag). Not a problem if you use it to scrape all of the episodes. If you don't and go back to XBMC's scraper no new episodes for that show will be scraped.
Popeye Wrote:I don't agree with jmarshall the track ticket should be a feature request.
What is the point of the episode.nfo's episode and season tags if the information already have to be present in the episode file name (and match)?
You don't have to put episode information in - just series and episode. I imagine so an oder of episodes is established as you would have to put that in an nfo.

TugboatBill Wrote:What does it matter if it's a bug or a feature request? Either way it's on the list of things that the devs will address one day. FAIK, there's no firm priority list for XBMC tickets. If a dev has some interest in fixing a bug or adding an enhancement, it gets done.

The fix for me was simple, change the way I name those files.

I'm sorry, I was under the impression bugs were more prioritized then feature requests.

I have a addon where you can create .strm files based on rss feed information. The feed has season and episode information tags but the episode name doesn't always have this. Thus I created episode-name.nfo files believing xbmc would use that information. I have a idea of a workaround...

I xbmc had used the nfo, the file name could be anything (+ extension) like a UUID, md5 sum etc..
Pneumatic | SABnzbd | XBMC that just works - openelec

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVshow w/Manual nfo not showing in XBMC0