Eden: External drives visible when trying XBMCbuntu. Disappear when installed.
Hello,

I just tried Eden Beta 3 from an SD card. Everything seemed to work. It saw my external media drive and loaded up the library.

I decided to go ahead and install it. Bam. Once installed to the internal drive, it could no longer see my external drive.

Any ideas?

I'm on an Acer Revo 1600
Did you try mounting it? Automount may be turned off on a full install.
pumkinut,

I'm kinda a noob. I have looked into the Automount in the grub file it seems fine.

The really unsettling thing is when I do a "df -T", the eSATA drive is not listed. Another USB drive is listed, just not mounted.

Again, booting Eden Beta 3 from the SD card, both the eSATA drive and the USB drive are mounted....

Weird
It seems totally bizarre that installing Eden B3 renders the eSATA invisible to "df -T". Yet running it from an SD card, everything appears and runs just fine.

I have checked the media folder. The USB drive is there and something called EFI also appears. Could that be the eSATA drive?
I'm wondering if this is similar to what I'm experiencing:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1914642
What does fdisk -l yield? If you see the disk(s) there, mount them. What is the output of mount? You're using the wrong command. df only works on mounted filesystems. It appears you need to mount the disks first, as they aren't being automounted. It really isn't germane that they are mounted when running from USB and not when installed. The simple matter is, you're probably going to need to edit fstab in order to have the disk mounted at boot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden: External drives visible when trying XBMCbuntu. Disappear when installed.0