Better understanding for list controls - needed!
Until now, I have tried to understand how list control works, but most of the time it's been based on guesses, which have worked but not as expected. I could really use some help with explaining how this works. I know it has something to do with id's. I'm taking about the "ondown, onup, onleft, onright".

I have read the skinning manual.

Any help is appreciated! Nod

Thanks!
ondown/onup/onleft/onright are the actions to execute (if a built in action is specified in the tag) or the control to move to (if a number is given).

The number is the id of the control you want to move to.

The only difference for lists/panels is that you can specify the id of the list/panel itself in order to make that list wrap around when the user goes down off the bottom item, or up off the top item (assuming the orientation is vertical).

Does this answer your question?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:ondown/onup/onleft/onright are the actions to execute (if a built in action is specified in the tag) or the control to move to (if a number is given).

The number is the id of the control you want to move to.

The only difference for lists/panels is that you can specify the id of the list/panel itself in order to make that list wrap around when the user goes down off the bottom item, or up off the top item (assuming the orientation is vertical).

Does this answer your question?

OMG, yes! Thank you! I thought it was the list ID, but it turned out to be the button id. VideoOSD has 3 list controls, and each button have their own id, if i want grouplist id 3 to jump to grouplist id 1, i need to take the first button's id in that grouplist - works like a charm!

A little messy explaination, but I got it now! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Better understanding for list controls - needed!0