Larger thumbnail view, and XBox control during playback
Don Torino Wrote:Just download the program from Sourceforge and run it in in adirectory of your choice where the patch.exe, the custom_SkinSettings.xml and patch.diff are as well.
Open a cmd in the dir and run patch -p0 < patch.diff, if asked type in custom_SkinSettings.xml and there you go...

Thanks, but not quite, i forgot about windows users Tongue

You will need to download and install this

http://sourceforge.net/projects/getgnuwi...t/download

That will provide the patch application, then you should be able to follow the instructions as per the first post. You may need to either include the path to patch.exe in your command or environment variables if you can't run it.

To test open a command prompt and run patch without any options to confirm you can run patch from anywhere. If not you will need to include the full path for example "c:\program files(x86)\gnuwin32\bin\patch.exe" (or whatever the path is)

cd into the root of the transparency skin, make sure you have already extracted the files and run patch -p0 < patch.diff (with or without the full path to patch.exe whichever is required)

If successful you should see:
Code:
patching file ./720p/custom_SkinSettings.xml
patching file ./720p/Includes.xml
patching file ./720p/MyVideoNav.xml
patching file ./720p/View-Thumbnail1.xml
patching file ./720p/VideoOSD.xml
patching file ./720p/DialogSeekBar.xml
I'd love to get the alternative thumbnail view but the link is dead. Anyone have a mirror?
(2012-06-29, 11:33)GollyJer Wrote: I'd love to get the alternative thumbnail view but the link is dead. Anyone have a mirror?

Sorry for the late reply - the first post has been updated for the current release of Transparency

Ronie:

10 thumbnails up vs 21 thumbnail images up at a time... nice, doesn't seem to sacrifice much.

Any chance you might consider this view a permanent change in T!

Yes or No would suffice.

(2013-01-07, 17:58)PatK Wrote: Ronie:

10 thumbnails up vs 21 thumbnail images up at a time... nice, doesn't seem to sacrifice much.

Yes or No would suffice.

the thumbnail view doesn't look all that bad,
so how about a 'maybe' :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-01-07, 18:33)ronie Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 17:58)PatK Wrote: Ronie:

Yes or No would suffice.

the thumbnail view doesn't look all that bad,
so how about a 'maybe' :-)

Cheers Patk - it's about the only view I use...

It's some pretty simple changes really - it just took a while to work them all out. But yeah if Ronie has the time it's pretty simple chasing them down in the patch.diff file.

To just get the thumbnail view only as i said in the first post you just delete the lines mentioned and of course Ronie'd know the rest.

It'd be nice to see it in there - the addition of the thumbwall (which is nice also, but a little too transparent n confusing) broke my setup eventually and I had to update it - if it was included by default then I wouldn't have to worry about it Tongue
If it's down to thumbnail view more is better; the fanart is more or less obscured to a degree anyway. But to change the xml code, it would have to be done each time T! is updated and it looks like I'm doing that a dozen times, so I'm rife with making any changes that need a bunch of work each update. I tried this once with set cases and it just became an effort to keep up. The next step is to change hats and become a skinner, and seeing the effort a skinner has to put out.. I just don't have it in me, it's not like a large team effort and my respect for Ronie grows...
anyone who makes serious mods should learn how to create a .diff file ;-p
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-01-07, 20:35)ronie Wrote: anyone who makes serious mods should learn how to create a .diff file ;-p

Are you talking abot my diff file? Is it not done properly?
(2013-01-07, 20:33)PatK Wrote: If it's down to thumbnail view more is better; the fanart is more or less obscured to a degree anyway. But to change the xml code, it would have to be done each time T! is updated and it looks like I'm doing that a dozen times, so I'm rife with making any changes that need a bunch of work each update. I tried this once with set cases and it just became an effort to keep up. The next step is to change hats and become a skinner, and seeing the effort a skinner has to put out.. I just don't have it in me, it's not like a large team effort and my respect for Ronie grows...

Have you not animated the fanart? I find with that enabled you get the general picture in the background, because it moves around and zooms in and out as you hover over a movie. Once you click it the same fanart is still displayed in the movie info background, and is much easier to see, so overall I think it works well together.

I really do like some of the other views as well, the layout of the info, titles and ability to really have the fanart pop out at you. I would prefer though a view like fanart, but with thumbnails rather than the current incarnation of text only, because you have to read the titles, guess what the title is referring to without having visual aids, or click on all those titles you don't recall exactly what they are, to have the cover and fanart display, only to realise that nope that's not the movie you were thinking of.

Out of the box the thumbnail view just seemed easier to navigate and find a movie with.....

I just had an idea there about a combination of fanart view, with the plot summary from coverflow view, combined with a layout of 4 x 4 smaller thumbs (a bit larger than the full list view thumbnails), in the fanart list window instead of the text. Now that would be a nice view - I'm gonna play around making that and see how it works out Wink
(2013-01-08, 04:39)mightymouse2045 Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 20:35)ronie Wrote: anyone who makes serious mods should learn how to create a .diff file ;-p

nope, it was in reply to the post above:

"making any changes that need a bunch of work each update."

which it doesn't have to be ;-)
(2013-01-08, 10:42)ronie Wrote:

lol ok - I was thinking my diff files weren't up to scratch Tongue

Yeah it only took me a little while to update it to the latest release because 70% of the diff applied with the fuzzy search function so it wasn't too bad in the end - although I did have a moment of "oh shit i've just lost all my changes" but luckily i managed to find the diff n media files again Wink
Edited the diff for new thumbnail view delete from line 328 to 807 and there is and error.

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.transparency>patch -p0 < patch.diff

missing header for unified diff at line 2 of patch
Assertion failed: hunk, file ../patch-2.5.9-src/patch.c, line 354

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.transparency>

(2013-01-10, 19:36)PatK Wrote: Edited the diff for new thumbnail view delete from line 328 to 807 and there is and error.

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.transparency>patch -p0 < patch.diff

missing header for unified diff at line 2 of patch
Assertion failed: hunk, file ../patch-2.5.9-src/patch.c, line 354

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.transparency>

Hi Pat - Sorry has been updated to latest. Should be no errors on patching now. Also fixed up the sub-title search not opening, as the script name had changed.

New download link in first post
(2013-01-08, 10:42)ronie Wrote:

Ronie,

I just noticed the movie info icons aren't showing when paused the ones in the middle of the slider, showing dts, resolution etc. Where are they located again so I can just update the code...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Larger thumbnail view, and XBox control during playback0