Larger thumbnail view, and XBox control during playback
Big Grin 
Hi,

I have to say this is by far the best skin I have tested, and is the only one i am really using.

I had a couple of gripes, 1. When playing a movie if I happen to bump the mouse the movie info appears along with the play controls etc... that blocks the bottom half of the screen and if watching a movie with subtitles they get covered up and it takes about 3 to 4 seconds for it to disappear. 2. I like the thumbnail view, however on a large screen I felt it could take up more real-estate and still look cool.

In my travels I saw the control in the PM3.HD skin, and thought that would be less intrusive during playback if the mouse was bumped, and wouldn't cover up the sub-titles.

So after some playing around, help from Ronie, and thanks to the guys who came up with the idea in the PM3 skin, I have come up with a custom thumbnail view that has 3 rows with 7 movies each row, and during playback the xbox control, and the default controls and movie info from transparency when the movie is paused.

Some example screenshots and the zip file and instructions below:

During playback (moving the mouse brings this up instead)

Pausing the movie brings up default controls:

View of the larger thumbnail view (separate from the default view incase you prefer that):

Download and instructions:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/swt1frayqcpttq...ilview.zip

Extract the zip to the root of your transparency skin folder, make sure patch.diff and media are extracted to the root of the transparency skin folder.

open a command prompt and change to the root of your transparency skin folder ~/.xbmc/addons/skin.transparency

Then run:
Code:
patch -p0 < patch.diff

If you only want the new thumbnail view then edit patch.diff and delete from line 328 to 807
Code:
--- ./720p/VideoOSD.xml
down to line 807.

Thanks Ronie for all your assistance with this Big Grin

A successful patch will produce the following:

Code:
patching file ./720p/DialogSeekBar.xml
patching file ./720p/Includes.xml
patching file ./720p/MyVideoNav.xml
patching file ./720p/SkinSettings.xml
patching file ./720p/VideoOSD.xml
patching file ./720p/View-Thumbnail1.xml

Windows Users

Follow this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=102...stcount=16

***UPDATED New download link to latest version as of 7th Dec 2013
i haven't looked at the pm3.hd code in a long, long time,
so can't tell if it would be just a simple c&p of their code.
if you're willing to give it a shot, VideoOSD.xml is where it's at.

besides copying the code, also copy the needed images from pm3.hd to the Transparency! media folder
and if i'm not mistaken you also need to make a small modification to DialogFullScreenInfo.xml to stop it from appearing whenever you bring up the video OSD.

for the thumbnail view, you need to find the relevant one in View-Thumbnail.xml (starting at line 758) and adjust the width and height of the item/focussed layout sections as well as the width/height of every control inside those.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thumbs Up 
ronie Wrote:i haven't looked at the pm3.hd code in a long, long time,
so can't tell if it would be just a simple c&p of their code.
if you're willing to give it a shot, VideoOSD.xml is where it's at.

besides copying the code, also copy the needed images from pm3.hd to the Transparency! media folder
and if i'm not mistaken you also need to make a small modification to DialogFullScreenInfo.xml to stop it from appearing whenever you bring up the video OSD.

for the thumbnail view, you need to find the relevant one in View-Thumbnail.xml (starting at line 758) and adjust the width and height of the item/focussed layout sections as well as the width/height of every control inside those.

Thanks for the pointers Smile

I thought you would say that about the media - I will have to ask the PM3.HD team if they can provide those because I think the texture.xbt can't be extracted, or do you happen to know the git repo for pm3.hd?

I will attempt the view-thumbnail changes first and see how I get on with those Smile

PS. Are there any WYSIWYG editors for this at all?
ronie Wrote:for the thumbnail view, you need to find the relevant one in View-Thumbnail.xml (starting at line 758) and adjust the width and height of the item/focussed layout sections as well as the width/height of every control inside those.

Hi again,

Ok I have managed to work out the thumbnail view so it is 7 x 3, but I cannot locate the background border - the original border that surrounds the 5 x 2 is still there and I can't work out how to increase the size of that - can you point me in the direction of that if possible?

If anyone is interested once I have finished off the final touches I will upload the alternative view. Because of the spacing between the movies you still get to see the background fanart and (for me at least) it lets you get a bigger picture view of the movies in your collection.

I am still trying to track down the pm3.hd svn or git without much luck Tongue

EDIT:

Also Ronie I am trying to track down how to change the font size - I've changed font-20 to font-10,12/14/16 respectively but none work...? The last thing is the title bar at the top where it shows the items,pages, time etc - where is that control kept so I can adjust the size of that also?

Thanks again for the help Smile
mightymouse2045 Wrote:I am still trying to track down the pm3.hd svn or git without much luck Tongue
http://xbmc.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitw...ins;a=tree
mightymouse2045 Wrote:Also Ronie I am trying to track down how to change the font size - I've changed font-20 to font-10,12/14/16 respectively but none work...?
they need to be defined in font.xml first, before you can use them.

mightymouse2045 Wrote:The last thing is the title bar at the top where it shows the items,pages, time etc - where is that control kept so I can adjust the size of that also?
the header is defined near the bottom of every MyFoo.xml,
with references to 'Breadcrumbs' and 'CommonFileCount' which can be found in includes.xml
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:http://xbmc.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitw...ins;a=tree

they need to be defined in font.xml first, before you can use them.

the header is defined near the bottom of every MyFoo.xml,
with references to 'Breadcrumbs' and 'CommonFileCount' which can be found in includes.xml

Sweet as - thanks I have all but done the changes now Smile For the life of me though I cannot work out how to increase the size of the background border... I've moved the scroll bar over and adjusted the size but I can't work out the border... Can you tell me where to change that one at?

EDIT:
I have worked out adding the view - I needed to add a toggle control in custom_SkinSettings.xml pointing to the custom name for my view. I've done that now, but I now have two Thumbnail views to select from and they aren't right after each other - where do I change the name for the view and how do I order it so it comes right after Thumbnail?

Thanks in advance Ronie Smile

PS. I have got the source now for the gamepad, and I am just waiting on some assistance from Jezz_X on exactly what files I need to copy over...

In advance what I would like to happen is the following:

1. When paused bring up the video info and default controls of the transparency skin
2. When the movie is playing and the mouse is moved bring up the gamepad controls and no video info

Can I do the above?
mightymouse2045 Wrote:Sweet as - thanks I have all but done the changes now Smile For the life of me though I cannot work out how to increase the size of the background border... I've moved the scroll bar over and adjusted the size but I can't work out the border... Can you tell me where to change that one at?

no sure what 'background border' you mean.
post a screenshot and i may be able to tell.

mightymouse2045 Wrote:EDIT:
I have worked out adding the view - I needed to add a toggle control in custom_SkinSettings.xml pointing to the custom name for my view. I've done that now, but I now have two Thumbnail views to select from and they aren't right after each other - where do I change the name for the view and how do I order it so it comes right after Thumbnail?

in MyVideoNav.xml, the relevant line is:
Code:
<views>50,51,52,53,54,55,57,58,59,590,592,596,598,599</views>
this defines the order in which the views appear in the skin.
the current thumbnail view has id 53, so list yours after that one.

mightymouse2045 Wrote:1. When paused bring up the video info and default controls of the transparency skin

when you pause a movie, xbmc will show DialogSeekbar.xml.
i think you need to code the code from VideoOSD.xml to that file than.

mightymouse2045 Wrote:2. When the movie is playing and the mouse is moved bring up the gamepad controls and no video info

yeah, if you replace the T! VideoOSD.xml code with the one from PM3.HD,
it should get you a long way.

not sure if any other adjustments would be needed though.
Big Grin 
ronie Wrote:no sure what 'background border' you mean.
post a screenshot and i may be able to tell.

See the dark transparent background/border that encompasses the list - that's a common border for a number of views, and the one I am trying to adjust for the thumbnail view...

Code:
<views>50,51,52,53,54,55,57,58,59,590,592,596,598,599</views>
this defines the order in which the views appear in the skin.

Thanks Smile - that makes sense I was wondering how it would get it's ordering, I thought it was the numbering I didn't think it would be the order in the above line.

How about naming the view - where does it get it's name from ?

when you pause a movie, xbmc will show DialogSeekbar.xml.
i think you need to code the code from VideoOSD.xml to that file than.
yeah, if you replace the T! VideoOSD.xml code with the one from PM3.HD,
it should get you a long way.

I will start playing around with those and fingers crossed it's pretty straight forward Tongue

Update: It was quite easy in the end thanks for the pointers Smile

Edit1: If you saw this post before my edit then just ignore it Tongue There were only 3 posx posy adjustments that needed to be made because the controls were in groups.

So basically thank you very much I have it exactly like I want it now attached screenshots:

This is what shows with the movie playing and moving the mouse:

This is what shows when the movie is paused:

Once I get the background sorted (1st screenshot), can I send through for you to test & have a look at, to see if I have done everything correctly?
mightymouse2045 Wrote:How about naming the view - where does it get it's name from ?

it's this bit in the panel control:
Code:
<viewtype [b]label="21371"[/b]>icon</viewtype>

you can change it to label="my-name"
mightymouse2045 Wrote:Once I get the background sorted (1st screenshot), can I send through for you to test & have a look at, to see if I have done everything correctly?

heh, i'm afraid i have no time to look into it. :-)
ronie Wrote:it's this bit in the panel control:
Code:
<viewtype [b]label="21371"[/b]>icon</viewtype>

you can change it to label="my-name"

heh, i'm afraid i have no time to look into it. :-)

Ok thanks again .... how about the background border any luck with that one?

Cheers!

EDIT:

I really cannot work out the background panel - I have tracked it down to ContentPanel at line 1513 in includes.xml, it is referenced at line 124 in myVideoNav.xml, however if I move my custom view (id=30) outside of the control group that calls ContentPanel, to anywhere else in myVideoNav.xml it doesn't matter the panel keeps getting called for some reason.

I have even tried creating my own control group just for my view in myvideonav.xml, and creating a ContentPanel3, and T-Panel11, but it keeps getting the ContentPanel background no matter what I do.....

If I delete line 124 and reload the skin the background is gone, but it's gone for all views that use it (obviously).
mightymouse2045 Wrote:Ok thanks again .... how about the background border any luck with that one?

Cheers!

EDIT:

I really cannot work out the background panel - I have tracked it down to ContentPanel at line 1513 in includes.xml

that's where the action is Smile
you can and a zoom animation if you want to scale the background,
for the animation, use Control.IsVisible(30) as a condition.

in case you want to completely hide it, add <visible>!Control.IsVisible(30)</visible> to the image control.
ronie Wrote:that's where the action is Smile
you can and a zoom animation if you want to scale the background,
for the animation, use Control.IsVisible(30) as a condition.

in case you want to completely hide it, add <visible>!Control.IsVisible(30)</visible> to the image control.

User error - ok I edited the right file and that is gone now Smile

Thanks heaps man!
Thanks again for all your help Ronie!

I have updated post 1 with a link to the files required for the new views and instructions.
What is the patch command? Doesn't seem to exist in win7.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Just download the program from Sourceforge and run it in in adirectory of your choice where the patch.exe, the custom_SkinSettings.xml and patch.diff are as well.
Open a cmd in the dir and run patch -p0 < patch.diff, if asked type in custom_SkinSettings.xml and there you go...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Larger thumbnail view, and XBox control during playback0