[AppleTV2 4.4.4] Remote Access & best share
Hi everybody,

It's my first post and I'm Swiss, so, I speak not very well english... Smile

My config is:
ATV 2 (iOS 4.4.4) with NitoTV
Synology DS211+
Airport Express, Wi-Fi between ATV & Syno

1. How can I make Remote Desktop on XBMC?
I have install "Exposed", it's ok for VNC on iOS but when I launch XBMC, the screen is full black. A another tools is required?

2. What is the best protocol (performance) for sharing file, AFP, SMB, FTP, etc...? What is recommanded?

Thanks for your answers Smile

Shu

1. Exposed will not work with xbmc. It also causes other problems with memory.
  2. There are numerous remote control programs for phones under android or iOS.
  3. For the synology smb is the easiest and FTP is probably the fastest. Don't bother with upnp as it does not work with the library.
Thans for your answers...

1. I would like a RDP or VNC, for edit film & serie info. It's possible to an app on iPhone?
I have tested two and it's not possible.
2. FTP is my configuration but I like to know what is the best protocol (optimized, least request, etc...).

Shu
shurikn Wrote:Thans for your answers...

1. I would like a RDP or VNC, for edit film & serie info. It's possible to an app on iPhone?

Looks at XWMM
Thanks, I have always test it. But after two test, my DB was clear by XBMC. I'm go to retest Smile

Shu
Hi,

FTP is maybe the fastest but its not the best for streaming content to your ATV.
So if you don't use Lion (on 4.4.4 there is a Lion AFP/SMB bug) you have to prefer AFP and/or SMB for streaming content in your local network at home.

In german:
Benutze einfach AFP oder SMB wenn du nicht von deinem MBP mit Lion streamen willst, weil es da zur Zeit einen hässlichen Bug gibt. AFP und SMB sind die besten Protokolle um Content zu streamen Smile FTP ist gut und schnell um Daten zu übertragen aber nicht für Streaming geeignet. Es würde allerdings auch mit FTP bei dir im lokalen Netz laufen denke ich (zwecks Geschwindigkeit).

Greetings,
iRoey
shurikn Wrote:Thans for your answers...

2. FTP is my configuration but I like to know what is the best protocol (optimized, least request, etc...).

Shu

If you must have vnc then try rowmote hd. It will work with xbmc.
Xwmm has worked for me. Maybe it needs to be updated to work with Eden beta.

You can even export the database as XML and edit that. Or you can use something like ember media manager to create nfo files with the media and rescrape.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2 4.4.4] Remote Access & best share0