Random seasons and episodes missing from Library
Evening folks. Been stalking around for a bit now, ironing out a few of my own bugs here and there that I didn't know how to deal with after my shift from another media front-end. There's just 1 little problem I seem to have, that a few others appear to have had as my forum stalking has uncovered - however 99% of the fixes revolve around an incorrect naming convention, which doesn't apply in my case.

Essentially, I'm suffering from the case of random episodes and/or whole seasons not showing in library view. I've checked them in file view and the seasons are either there with all information - or they at least show there's SUPPOSE to be episodes there, but just have ".."(fig1), in which case I can select them and it brings up a dialogue box (fig2) stating it's loading information, then finishes and after that - the information is available in both file and library views (fig3)

Naming convention is the same for every single one of my TV episodes:

Show name - S##E## - Quality (episode name).extension eg.
Stargate Atlantis - S01E05 - 720HD (Suspicion).mkv

At a bit of a loss as to why 99% of my TV collection is loaded successfully, but some struggle - and yet I can go in via file view and see all the information, or manually load it as above and it'll show.

What I have also noticed is, that if I add the show specifically (point directly to that show's folder) it will load all seasons and episodes fine.

Tried deleting and re-adding the show to the library, tried deleting and re-scraping all metadata - nothing works. Information is there, and in the right naming convention - it's just like it gets sick of scraping every now and then, and moves on.

I should also note that I have blocked my XBMC system from getting to the scraper sites, as I have all my metadata stored locally, and don't want it downloading any rogue data. If it's missing data anywhere, I want to get it manually. (I use external scrapers to process data before it makes it to my file server)

System details below screenshots.

Fig1:

Fig2

Fig3

1. Eden Beta 2 Git 20120120-f76c547 (tried rolling to 3, but it continually hung on startup, so I rolled back)
2. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
3. Intel E6600 @ default 2.4Ghz
4. 8GB RAM
5. nVidia 9500GT Graphics | Driver v8.17.12.8562
6. Auzentech X-Raider 7.1 Sound Card | Driver v7.12.8.1740
7. XBMC Log: http://pastebin.com/wpR2ieKN
Please produce screenshots using confluence - we don't know what the skin is doing that might be messing things up.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ok - back to Confluence:

Medium | File View All 7 seasons & episodes

Medium | Library View Missing the last 2 entire seasons completely

Stargate Atlantis | File View All 5 seasons & episodes

Stargate Atlantis | Library View Sporadic episodes, most of which I've manually "added" by selecting them in fileview as stated above.

Medium Folder

Medium Season 6 Fileview ignore the Metadata folder, all my TV series have them left over from previous front-end software - I just haven't cleaned it up yet

Cheers,

Mungo.
What happens if you remove the word HDTV and the ()'s from the filenames and update your library?
I'd suspect it has something to do with your NFOs for each episode (ones that are not scanning have malformed xml).

Remove all NFOs, tbns and any extraneous chuffa and just have the .AVIs in the TV series named folder (you can break them up into seasons if you like). Then scan that folder into the database.
Sureguy Wrote:What happens if you remove the word HDTV and the ()'s from the filenames and update

your library?

Not sure, but that won't be the problem, as every episode of every show is in that same naming convention, and there's only a few shows/episodes that XBMC Library view doesn't like.

live4ever Wrote:I'd suspect it has something to do with your NFOs for each episode (ones that are not scanning have malformed xml).

As below...

Mungo Wrote:Tried deleting and re-adding the show to the library, tried deleting and re-scraping all metadata - nothing works. Information is there, and in the right naming convention - it's just like

In having said that, I'm not 100% sure I deleted old xml's from the metadata folder (considering if I did, I would have just deleted the entire folder as it's no longer needed)...it may have just re-created NFO's from incorrect .xml's. I'll give this a whack and see how it goes - cheers. Smile
Mungo Wrote:In having said that, I'm not 100% sure I deleted old xml's from the metadata folder (considering if I did, I would have just deleted the entire folder as it's no longer needed)...it may have just re-created NFO's from incorrect .xml's. I'll give this a whack and see how it goes - cheers. Smile

Ok, I deleted all metadata and rescraped Medium and updated the Library and let XBMC pull it back in and the same issue arose. When checking into where it stops, it actually doesn't finish scraping season 5 of Medium...it stops at episode 13...which is a single video file that's a double episode.

Stargate Universe and Stargate Atlantis both have double episode/single video files for their 1st episodes, which it stops scraping at...and Stargate SG-1 also stops loading at season 8...and again, 1st ep of season 8 is a single video/double episode.

SO...at least I think I've now identified what's halting the scraping process for the Library - the next question is why and how to I get around it.

Cheers,

Mungo.

update: My naming scheme for double-eps is as follows:

Medium - S05E13-E14 - HDTV (How to Make a Killing in Big Business Pt 1 & Pt 2)

Checking the Wiki, maybe I'll need to remove the "-" between episodes, so it reads:

Medium - S05E13E14 - HDTV (How to Make a Killing in Big Business Pt 1 & Pt 2)

I'll give that a try :-)

Update 2 Nope, didn't make any difference. Now that I think about it - I don't think it's a naming thing, as the double-ep file IS being loaded into the library, it's just that it stops after it's done. The issue isn't with XBMC loading the info for double eps as they all show - it's just nothing after them does.
Mungo Wrote:Checking the Wiki, maybe I'll need to remove the "-" between episodes, so it reads:

Medium - S05E13E14 - HDTV (How to Make a Killing in Big Business Pt 1 & Pt 2)

I'll give that a try :-)

Update 2 Nope, didn't make any difference. Now that I think about it - I don't think it's a naming thing, as the double-ep file IS being loaded into the library, it's just that it stops after it's done. The issue isn't with XBMC loading the info for double eps as they all show - it's just nothing after them does.

Ok - I think I've found the problem, as Medium has now successfully continued scraping season 5 & found and finished scraping the rest of both full seasons 6 & 7 Nod
Stargate Atlantis is pulling in information successfully as I type Cool

In short - 2 problems were stopping the episodes and seasons from loading, and both were NFO format issue's with double episodes.

Mediums problem was that even though the NFO for the double ep had 2 "<episodedetails>" sections - they both listed the seperate episodes as episode 13. I changed the 2nd to episode 14 and scanned for new content and away she went - past episode 13, onto 14, 15 & then to season 6 & 7 Big Grin

Stargate's issue, once I checked into the NFO was that it wasn't compiled correctly and only had 1 "<episodedetails>" listed. Whipped in a 2nd one with the next episode number and wa-la...away it went and has now finished pulling in the rest of the episodes into the Library.

Now, I'm off to make sure this never happens again :p

*Can definitely confirm this was what the problem was for me. Every single show that was suffering this problem is now fixed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random seasons and episodes missing from Library0