cant choose surround decoder with receiver
Hey bluray - you got him from here on this? Could be his driver settings in Windows audio panel or his receiver settings. I know you can sort him out Cool
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I do have all the settings as you show in those photos.

What I'm just realizing (and I should have mentioned this earlier) is that I have and hdmi matrix switch to output a signal to a second tv. I'm thinking this is the source of the problem. Ill try and victim e a detailed explanation of my setup later. (I'm in class ATM)
nezz621 Wrote:I do have all the settings as you show in those photos.

What I'm just realizing (and I should have mentioned this earlier) is that I have and hdmi matrix switch to output a signal to a second tv. I'm thinking this is the source of the problem. Ill try and victim e a detailed explanation of my setup later. (I'm in class ATM)
Now, you're talking. You can try to bypass the switch. If it work without the switch, you'll have your answer!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:Now, you're talking. You can try to bypass the switch. If it work without the switch, you'll have your answer!

unfortunately no luck. I got rid of the HDMI switch by using the dual screen mode of the Radeon video card. Problem is, it didnt help fix the problem. The receiver still wont let me choose surround decoders other than "straight". I think i'll call yamaha and ask what they think.

I'm honestly considering using a small 4 ch amp connected to the preouts to power the surrounds in the 5.1 set up and i should be able to split the signal for each surround, effectively getting 7.1 channels.

The reason to do this is because my side surrounds are too far in front of my rear seats of my theater and i don't feel the surround experience is as enveloping. I realize this is all hard to visualize without pictures.
bluray Wrote:You should be able to bitstreaming all audio codecs with your Yamaha AVR. Did you downloaded the latest 12.1 driver for your HD5670 from here- AMD Radeon™ Video Card Drivers?

Make sure that it is setup similar to my screen shots below in W7 control panel-

Do these for XBMC-
Download- "XBMC Beta3 + HD-Audio + Global AV Delay"

Configure audio output as shown below:

BTW i noticed in the middle picture that you have you speaker configuration set to "stereo". Should mine be set to stereo, or 7.1?
nezz621 Wrote:BTW i noticed in the middle picture that you have you speaker configuration set to "stereo". Should mine be set to stereo, or 7.1?
For bitstreaming un-molested codecs, stereo is what you should set in Windows 7 control panel. It'll be good for stereo and all other newer codecs!
nezz621 Wrote:unfortunately no luck. I got rid of the HDMI switch by using the dual screen mode of the Radeon video card. Problem is, it didnt help fix the problem. The receiver still wont let me choose surround decoders other than "straight". I think i'll call yamaha and ask what they think.
Come to think of it, the switch is connected to the output of Yamaha. It shouldn't have anything to do audio setting.

I think it is better to call Yamaha for help or visit their website- RX-V667. There is firmware update for this model too!
bluray Wrote:Come to think of it, the switch is connected to the output of Yamaha. It shouldn't have anything to do audio setting.

I think it is better to call Yamaha for help or visit their website- RX-V667. There is firmware update for this model too!

SO I called Yamaha, and they gave me instructions on some settings to change. Didnt seem to help, but then after rewiring my setup due to a faulty HDMI wire, The Problem went away.

Anyway, Having the 7.1 really helps fill my theater room. So thats one step closer to having the perfect setup. So thank you everyone for the help and support Smile
nezz621 Wrote:SO I called Yamaha, and they gave me instructions on some settings to change. Didnt seem to help, but then after rewiring my setup due to a faulty HDMI wire, The Problem went away.

Anyway, Having the 7.1 really helps fill my theater room. So thats one step closer to having the perfect setup. So thank you everyone for the help and support Smile
I'm glad that you found the problem. It's time to enjoy the movie then! Smile
nezz621 Wrote:SO I called Yamaha, and they gave me instructions on some settings to change. Didnt seem to help, but then after rewiring my setup due to a faulty HDMI wire, The Problem went away.

Glad it's all good bud.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cant choose surround decoder with receiver0