Keyboard emulation broken in Eden Beta 3 - Windows 64 bits
Eden Beta 3 seems to break keyboard emulation for both EventGhost and VoxCommando, using windows 64 bits.
James, developer vox noted that communicate is fine with XBMC using both VoxCommando and EventGhost, it is just the keyboard emulation that is broken. He´s use keyboard emulation for standard keys like up down left right, enter, escape, since it works with most programs.

Keyboard emulation work fine with windows 32 bits *in my PC work fine, the trouble happens with windows 64 bits.

With Eden beta 2 work fine in Windows 32 or 64 bits, I hope somobody fix this, but with eden beta 3 only work in OS 32 bits.
Can't imagine what it would be other than something being changed between beta 2 and 3.
Been browsing the pre-Beta3 commits and there are a few regarding keymappings and profiles authored by JHSRennie.
If possible, fix this for us,

Thanks
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Can you give me a walkthrough to test this, bearing in mind that I have no idea what VoxCommando is or what it does.

I can't think of any change between beta 2 and beta 3 that could have caused this. It's also very wierd that it only affects x64 Windows. Does VoxCommando use any Win32 hooks? These can be troublesome on x64 Windows if the hook dll is 32 bit.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Can you give me a walkthrough to test this, bearing in mind that I have no idea what VoxCommando is or what it does.

I can't think of any change between beta 2 and beta 3 that could have caused this. It's also very wierd that it only affects x64 Windows. Does VoxCommando use any Win32 hooks? These can be troublesome on x64 Windows if the hook dll is 32 bit.

JR

you can test it using eventGhost and a simple macro

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<EventGhost Version="1544">
    <Macro Name="Emulate Keystrokes: {Right}" Expanded="True">
        <Action>
            Window.SendKeys(u'{Right}', False)
        </Action>
    </Macro>
</EventGhost>

I have the same problem in VoxCommando using the inputkeys action which uses the "windows input simulator" dll from here: http://inputsimulator.codeplex.com/

I have no problems with beta 2 with either VoxCommando or Eventghost, and on beta 3 neither of them work.
VoxCommando.com
and I have the same problem on Windows 7 32 bit.

EDIT: it's ok for me on 32 bit. There was something else funny with my machine and a reboot fixed it. 64bit machine is still broken though.
VoxCommando.com
@Wanilton - can you chime in here? It's working for you on Win x86?

@JR - thx for having a look - a browse at the VoxCommando page will give you an idea what it's all about

There's a video here showing the two together in action.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
sorry about my previous post. It is working on my win7 32 bit machine in Eden 3. My machine was unhappy about something but a reboot fixed it.

I can still go back and forth between the two installs on my x64 machine though and it consistently works in Eden2 and not in Eden3.

I will see if anything is showing up in the log...
VoxCommando.com
OK. Freakiest thing I've seen in a while...

I installed Eden beta3 again (on my 64bit htpc). Keyboard emulation broke as a result. No surprise.

So I enabled debugging in XBMC and restarted. Pressed a button on my remote (which uses the keyboard emulation via eventGhost) and...

it works. Keyboard emulation is fixed apparently. Oo

I then disabled debugging and restarted XBMC and it still works.

I cannot even begin to explain how this is happening. I supposed to be thorough I should reinstall Eden beta2 and then Eden beta3 to see what happens, but as long as it is working I don't particularly want to do that for the 10th time. Laugh

I guess we'll see what happens when Eden beta4 comes out.
VoxCommando.com
Well, glad it's working for ya - you may want to let folks know at the VoxCommando forum if they're worried about upgrading to Eden.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
jitterjames Wrote:you can test it using eventGhost and a simple macro

Bearing in mind I've never used Eventghost, I need some more info. I've added a macro with the content you specify so From the root of the tree I now have a heading "Emulate keystrokes {Right}" and an item below this also called "Emulate keystrokes {Right}". I can execute the macro within Eventghost, but how do I tell it where to send the keypress?

I also tried adding the XBMC plugin and adding the macro under the XBMC heading, but executing the macro does nothing.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Bearing in mind I've never used Eventghost, I need some more info. I've added a macro with the content you specify so From the root of the tree I now have a heading "Emulate keystrokes {Right}" and an item below this also called "Emulate keystrokes {Right}". I can execute the macro within Eventghost, but how do I tell it where to send the keypress?

I also tried adding the XBMC plugin and adding the macro under the XBMC heading, but executing the macro does nothing.

JR

you need some kind of event to trigger the command somehow. normally you would use something like a remote control to trigger an event.

if you want, you can replace your eventghost configuration file with this one:
http://db.tt/MD67LoDc

It will do the following:

- detect when XBMC gains focus , and then it will issue 7 right-arrow keypresses at .5 second intervals.

note: the keypresses will be sent to the window that has focus, just as a normal keypress would.
VoxCommando.com
The link is broken!

JR
I've justed tested running beta 3 on Server 2008 R2 x64 and Eventghost worked as expected. I mapped the right cursor key to go left, and that's exactly what happened. Quite uncanny really :-)

I tried with debugging enabled, then I rebooted and tried with debugging disabled, and both worked. I tried both fullscreen and windowed and both worked.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:The link is broken!

JR

the link seems to be fine now. Perhaps dropbox was having a hiccup.

Anyway I wouldn't worry about this unless other users report similar problems.

As I said in an earlier post, enabling debug mode fixed the problem for me. As to how or why, I have no idea! Huh

Thanks for looking into it.
VoxCommando.com

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard emulation broken in Eden Beta 3 - Windows 64 bits0