XBMC often crashes after migration from 32 to 64 bit Linux OS
After re-install of my Linux OS in order to migrate to 64 bit, I went into troubles with many XBMC crashes, and in library mode XBMC crashes every time I try to play a movie.

I use Atom D525 +nVidia ION2, and 290.10 nVidia driver.

Here is crash-log: http://pastebin.com/baBxAE57
this is a known problem in Eden beta1 with audiomixer. You should upgrade to later nightly or compile from source.
I'm still using Dharma.

Let's hope that this crash will be solved in Eden.

PS: I doubt that the problem is audiomixer
Built on Dec 23 2011 (Git:Unknown)

This is Dharma? Are you sure?

Aynway there are errors related to Vdpau and audiomixer in your log.
There was also a know crash with vdpau in Eden that has been fixed in git 2 days ago.
This is xbmc package I use, and I think this is Dharma: XBMC

It is on Arch stable repository. If stable builds often crashes, what to say about beta versions or build from latest svn!?
I have noticed the same behavior using ArchLinux x64. I first tried the x64 version about a year ago when I experienced random crashes very often. Yesterday I thought I'd give x64 a chance again, but the problem is still there. I have no issues at all with the 32-bit version using the exact same configuration.

Also using Atom with ION2 with the Nvidia driver (all from core repo).
There is a bug with the 290.10 nVidia driver that causes the random crashes, upgrade to 295.20.
Regards
/Rico_s
Rico_s Wrote:There is a bug with the 290.10 nVidia driver that causes the random crashes, upgrade to 295.20.
As for me, I tried x64 yesterday, and the Nvidia version then was 295.20.
Unfortunately there is only one log in this thread. The issue which caused this crash is most probably fixed.

Quote:Built on Dec 23 2011 (Git:Unknown)
Might be built on Dec 23th, but git version is not before Nov 16th.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC often crashes after migration from 32 to 64 bit Linux OS0