TV SHOW Setup
Rainbow 
My current configuration:
Apple TV 2
XBMC EDEN Beta2 - Aeon MQ2 skin:

I have also many Addon sources: icefilms, hulu, free cable, fox, WB, and many others.

What I would like to do is have it set up so When I press The "TV SHOWS" in the main menu the next display would show a list of only the TV Shows I watch (i.e. Simpsons, House, etc..) in a banner format. Then if I choose a TV Show banner (i.e. the Simpsons), it would take me to a list of episodes for that TV Show.

If anyone could help me with step by step instructions I would be greatly appreciated.

Currently the way my system is set up now I have to go through many folder lists to get to what I want to watch.

thanks
If I understand what you're looking for correctly, you should check out XBMC.MyLibrary: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98210

After proper setup, it crawls shows you want to watch from streaming sources (e.g. Hulu) and downloads .strm files for individual episodes. This lets you browse and interact with Hulu streams in your Library the same way you'd interact with actual video files. Even works with PseudoTV. Not the easiest setup in the world but once you get it going it's pretty simple.

I use it to make sure I'm minimizing HD usage and maximizing the bang I get for my Hulu Plus buck. I also use it because my wife likes having random crap playing in the background, so having about 3,000 Hulu episodes plugged into PseudoTV does a great job of simulating basic cable.

EDIT:
...oh, wait, you're on an ATV2. That...won't work!

I think you may be able to set up subscriptions in Hulu, add the Hulu Subscriptions link (in the Hulu add-on) to your Favorites, and then include that Favorite in your main menu items. But that's not exactly what you're going for.
Yeah, by default the TV Shows section is for files you've put in a folder and added to your library, and you tell XBMC that the folder contains TV Shows so it will add it to the correct library (i.e. - TV Shows, not Music, Movies or Images). If you're not downloading shows, you could always hide that menu item, then add one that points to the hulu add-on and call it TV, and you could add FreeCable as a submenu item if you wanted, but I don't know if theres a simple way to make streaming items show up in your TV Shows library as I don't have an ATV2. Perhaps someone with more knowledge will have a more helpful answer.
ginsengbomb Wrote:Even works with PseudoTV.

How well does this work for you? I use MyLibrary as well to dump netflix, hulu, and amazon videos into my library... but PseudoTV doesn't play well with the strm files created by MyLibrary. The video starts fine, but xbmc/pseudotv doesn't start the video part way into the file.

From my reading, this appears to be a limitation of XBMC using strm files, but i'd love to be proven wrong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV SHOW Setup0