'Good' theme with possibility to separate TV Shows & Anime?
Alright, I love XBMC, it's bloody beautiful and it makes my life substantially easier.

But there's one hurdle I've yet to overcome.

I'm currently using the Aeon Nox skin.. and with this skin when I view my default "Movies" and "TV Shows" categories.. all of the items in there come up with ratings, descriptions, etc.

However, I'd like to have TV Shows split into "Anime" and "TV Shows".. I've already got the media in two separate folders, but I'm at a loss for how I could go about doing this.

I've setup shortcuts (probably using the wrong terms here) that go straight to either of the folders on my XBMC startup screen, but when I do this.. it doesn't let me use a display format that shows Show Information, Rating, etc.

Apologies if I explained this poorly, please let me know if you need more information and I'll try my best to come up with it.
I too would greatly appreciate clarification on this. I think you explained this just fine Klikster. This is the main issue that I'm having at this point. I've attempted to separate Anime and TV shows as well with no success.

You're a step ahead of me, I too have my TV shows and Anime in separate directories on my HD but I can't seem to figure out how to get an icon on the home screen to pull directly from my Anime exclusive directory. Not without first hitting down and selecting file, then the Anime directory... Huh

The only thing I've been able to do is rename the "Videos" button to Anime, but that still leaves me with the issue of having to select file, then my Anime directory...
Transparency! allows for custom home menus that can be smart playlists or other things. That's what I've used in the past. (kind of using everything right now for testing, screen shots, documentation, etc)
Where do you get this "Transparency" you speak of? And will it work with Eden and on Aeon MQ3?

I'm familiar with skins, not themes so much.
Transparency is a skin, so you use it instead of Aeon MQ3. I'm not sure about custom menus with Aeon MQ3, but it could be possible.

Here is a good read on using Smart Playlists to create Custom Home Menus: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89678
...DJVege...
HTPC: G840 + GT430 + 2GB RAM + 30GB SSD
Remote: iPad/iPhone + iRule + USB-UIRT // FireFly RF Remote
Software: XBMC Eden + Eventghost + Win7
An I ask why your anime isn't showing ratings and tv shows etc? Mine is just fine which is why I have it in with tv eps. It's all about how you set up the media but I can explain how I did it f you'd rather have them together if you can get ratings etc working.
I can't speak for Klikster but I have all the info such as ratings, info description, folder images and fanart in the files section of my "Anime" directory. I would prefer to be able to access this content in library mode (exclusively, JUST anime, no other TV shows) via a home menu button. As is the TV Shows home menu button is the only way I have been able to achieve this. This leaves me with a fragmented bunch of regular tv shows and anime all in the same place. Attempting to circumvent that.
grnt Wrote:An I ask why your anime isn't showing ratings and tv shows etc? Mine is just fine which is why I have it in with tv eps. It's all about how you set up the media but I can explain how I did it f you'd rather have them together if you can get ratings etc working.
Sorry if I didn't make my issue clear, I can view the ratings and things fine under the "TV Shows" area, but I want to separate my Anime and TV Shows to two separate areas and keep the ratings for both. I've set this up using shortcuts on my home screen that point to each, but I can't use 'Library' mode (or whatever it's called that lets you view Ratings, Descriptions, etc) in these new areas.

Hypknox Wrote:I can't speak for Klikster but I have all the info such as ratings, info description, folder images and fanart in the files section of my "Anime" directory. I would prefer to be able to access this content in library mode (exclusively, JUST anime, no other TV shows) via a home menu button. As is the TV Shows home menu button is the only way I have been able to achieve this. This leaves me with a fragmented bunch of regular tv shows and anime all in the same place. Attempting to circumvent that.
Yeah, this is the same issue I'm having. I only have ratings/descriptions/etc when I'm viewing the "TV Shows" area, and I want Anime and Shows separate.
Use smartplaylists to separate them
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Check this out, it should help

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98628

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
That indeed does help, thank you. One more step in the right direction. However, I ran into another problem after creating the smart playlist and assigning it to a custom home menu button. Now when I select my customer home menu button for "Anime" it immediately begins to play the first episode of the first anime in the list rather than opening up to library mode which is what I have been after...

I noticed another person ran into the same problem in that thread, they touched on that but the problem is their solution seemed to be skin specific. I really like the Aeon MQ3 skin and would like to avoid having to change it at all possible...

Is there not a way that I can alter the functionality of the smart playlist that I mapped to the custom button to function as access - library mode rather than immediately play the first episode (using Aeon MQ3) ?
saitoh183 Wrote:Check this out, it should help

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98628

Whoa!! Thanks a ton!!! Definitely going to try this out in the next day or so, I'll post my results afterwards!
Glad i could help Smile

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Ok I believe I've worked this out, this may help you as well Klikster.

It looks like the issue was related to me adding the smart playlist to a custom button that was for "favourites", I scrolled over to the right some and found other custom buttons labeled "VPlaylist". Once I mapped my smart playlist to that it began working as intended.

I can now, from my main home menu, select my custom button "Anime" and it then takes me to a library mode of all contents exclusively located in my Anime directory. The only thing that I have noticed that is different from this over the actual TV Shows button is that I can no longer press right to see the info. I must turn on "Auto Info" and allow that information to populate on its own after waiting a couple of seconds. I can still access actual media info via pressing "I" just fine. As I stated all other features function exactly the same, only different is the ability to manually display the auto info by pressing right arrow. This to me is negligible since you can see that information by simply enabling auto info.
Hypknox Wrote:Ok I believe I've worked this out, this may help you as well Klikster.

It looks like the issue was related to me adding the smart playlist to a custom button that was for "favourites", I scrolled over to the right some and found other custom buttons labeled "VPlaylist". Once I mapped my smart playlist to that it began working as intended.

I can now, from my main home menu, select my custom button "Anime" and it then takes me to a library mode of all contents exclusively located in my Anime directory. The only thing that I have noticed that is different from this over the actual TV Shows button is that I can no longer press right to see the info. I must turn on "Auto Info" and allow that information to populate on its own after waiting a couple of seconds. I can still access actual media info via pressing "I" just fine. As I stated all other features function exactly the same, only different is the ability to manually display the auto info by pressing right arrow. This to me is negligible since you can see that information by simply enabling auto info.
Good to know! What theme are you using??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Good' theme with possibility to separate TV Shows & Anime?0