XBMC PVR Client and MCE Remote
Hi,

I've been a long term user of XBMC for media along with 7MC for Live TV, but thought I would give the latest Eden release a go coupled with 4therecord TV Server to get access to the advanced record scheduling that 4therecord supports.

While everything appears to work, I'm having a few issues with the remote that make it almost unusable at the moment.

Are the following buttons on an MCE remote currently mappable in XBMC or is this still work in progress due to the beta nature of Eden?

TV Guide Button
Live TV Button
Record TV Button
Recored Button
Green Home Button

I've tried applying the MCE Remote addon, but this hasn't helped, even though there appears to be mappings for some of these buttons in the XML. I guess they are mapped, but just don't send anything useful that XBMC understands. I see a notification on the screen that I've pressed the 'recorded TV' button, but it doesn't then open the recorded TV page. Also the green button doesn't open the home page as I would expect it to like 7MC and Mediaportal do.

Is there an easy way to do this? New map or different remote?
Is anyone currently able to do this or is it a case of waiting for it to be natively supported?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Use MCE remote and map those buttons the the characters Dushmaniac setup recently.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=844667&postcount=5

Quote:e = activate EPG = XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)
h = activate TV = XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 32,0, 11,0)
j = activate Radio = XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 33,0, 12,0)
k = activate Recordings = XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 34,0, 13,0)
b = activate Search = XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 35,0, 14,0)
It won’t fix all your issues, but it sure helps.
Thanks, I'll give these a go.
i extended my configuration by adding the following settings to the keyboard mapping. it seems to get all the play contol buttons working in the pvr window

<!--record a program now-->
<r mod="ctrl">PlayerControl(Record)</r>
<p mod="ctrl,shift">PlayerControl(Play)</p>
<b mod="ctrl">PlayerControl(Repeat)</b>
<f mod="ctrl">PlayerControl(Next)</f>
<f mod="ctrl,shift">PlayerControl(Forward)</f>
<b mod="ctrl,shift">PlayerControl(Rewind)</b>
<p mod="ctrl">PlayerControl(Play)</p>

any thoughts?

sprucas
Thanks a lot sprucas, it works very well! Finaly I can use my remote to pause and rew/fwd live TV! Well done figuring this out.

/Marcus
@sprucas - thanks!!! that works - finally easy live tv pause...kids will be happy!

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Ok?! But where to paste this in my config ?
I made a keyboard.xml file in my userdata\keymap folder and pasted in this info, but unfortunatly did not work for me.
Needs to be in the fullscreenvideo section
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
I didn't have a keyboard.xml there, can someone provide a default one ?
Grab the default one from xbmc git...sorry on phone so can't upload one right now
Hello,

i don't know if this is the right thread for my question:
I am using xbmc 12 frodo alpha 4 (pvr edition from lars) with the cirrus extended v2 skin.
When watching live-tv, i can pause (timeshift) with the mouse by klicking "||" (pause) from the top navigation bar (VideoOSD), but when i press the pause-key on my ir-remote, nothings happens. When watching a movie, the pause-key on the ir-remote is working.

Now the question: How can i do pause in live-tv also with my ir-remote by pressing "Pause" key ? Is this skin-specific or where i can configure it (i cannot find anywhere something about mapping a key to the "pause" function in live-tv).

Thanks, XBMCManni
Guys,

Just some more info.

I found the MCERemote plugin did most of the configuration i needed, but the remote buttons did not work when watching Live TV in full screen video

MCRRemote plugin has a tool for creating user keyboard.xml and then editing it. Add in my config and the remote buttons should work in full screen video

I also adjusted the "i" button on the remote to show the context menu - this is much more useful than the details menu that is displayed with Ctrl-D

In MCERemote i just changed the mappings and moved Ctrl-D to one of the colour buttons on the remote....but honestly i dont use this cause the context menu has the option to display details anyway

sprucas
(2012-07-15, 17:12)XBMCManni Wrote: Hello,

i don't know if this is the right thread for my question:
I am using xbmc 12 frodo alpha 4 (pvr edition from lars) with the cirrus extended v2 skin.
When watching live-tv, i can pause (timeshift) with the mouse by klicking "||" (pause) from the top navigation bar (VideoOSD), but when i press the pause-key on my ir-remote, nothings happens. When watching a movie, the pause-key on the ir-remote is working.

Now the question: How can i do pause in live-tv also with my ir-remote by pressing "Pause" key ? Is this skin-specific or where i can configure it (i cannot find anywhere something about mapping a key to the "pause" function in live-tv).

Thanks, XBMCManni

It's not skin specific I think, and the answer is immediately above your post really - just put those extra mapping in the fullscreenvideo section of your keymap.xml. I will post a sample when i get home tonight...

Here's my keyboard.xml with pvr additions - http://code.google.com/p/bossanova808-xb...yboard.xml

It's a modified one from the system here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78179

NB I use a harmony 650 with an eHome IR receiver

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC PVR Client and MCE Remote0