Sending back my corsair ssd - need suggestions for a new one
After lots of problems with my Corsair Force series F40 ssd, Im now returning it to the store.

So now I need suggestions from you guys....Anyone?

My motherboard: ASUS P8H67-I B3, Socket-1155, mini-ITX, H67, DDR3, 1xPCIe(2.0)x16, SATA 6Gb/s, U

The ssd has to be one from this store
I'm interested in the problems, maybe they can be solved... Usually Corsair is one of the more reliable ones.

I'm really happy with my Patriot Pyro and Mushkin Callisto. Not so much with my OCZ...
Kirky99 Wrote:I'm interested in the problems, maybe they can be solved... Usually Corsair is one of the more reliable ones.

I'm really happy with my Patriot Pyro and Mushkin Callisto. Not so much with my OCZ...

The problems is described in this thread, from post#144.

When I spoke with the store, they suggested me a new corsair ssd. The excact same as I have is out of the marked so they will send me the newer model similarly to the one I return. If I want another brand, thats up to me he said. thats why I askSmile

Im sorry if my bad english is hard to understandLaugh

edit: I ended up installing xbmcbuntu, and everything was fine for a few days but yesterday the same problem as described in my htpc thread occured.
get a none sandforced one this time then

http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=630674
I've consistently heard from hardware testing folks i know that Intel has the best track record as far as reliability goes. Though I've heard good and bad about all manufacturers.. the fun of new technologies, eh? One reason I've been holding off on grabbing SSDs
Yeah, seem sandforce is a problem... OCZ uses them a lot, some of the Patriot's are sandforce too. The Pyro is sandforce II and there's fixes, haven't kept up with the original sandforce.

My OCZ (knock on wood) is sandforce I and it's still ticking. OCZ Vertex 2 Firmware 1.33... I think I'm on borrowed time though.
yeah they released some firmwares to fix SandForced driven SSD's from crashing...
but, i still hear that some have issues even with 'the fix' ...
best to use a non-SandForced (a.k.a those listed in my HTPC guide) one's for the time being...
I've so far had no problems on any of the five OCZ drives I've installed for my wife and friends, but I read bad things about them all the time. I concur with the above, the Intel SSDs seem to have the best reputation, and the one I put in my MacBook Pro is about as fast as the day I bought it, and showing little cause for concern after a year of heavy use.

*knocks on wood*
Was that real wood, or laminate? Everyone I know with an OCZ drive has done the RMA dance at least one. They have been pretty good about it, but the month long process gets old after the first time.
Kirky99 Wrote:Was that real wood, or laminate? Everyone I know with an OCZ drive has done the RMA dance at least one. They have been pretty good about it, but the month long process gets old after the first time.

Oh sure, make me feel even more nervous for the people whose money I spent upgrading their computers! Laugh

I'm not sure in retrospect whether they were SandForce or not, and since MINE is a rebranded Intel, I won't be able to check. But yeah, my formica desk at the office probably doesn't contain enough real wood to protect those poor saps. Time to find something better on which to knock I guess?
128 GB SSD from NCIX sale.

http://ncix.com/promo/promosale.php?webi...ticFeb2012

Sale link is not up yet. Just a picture right now. I don' t know if NCIX America has the same sale though. So it might be restricted to Canadians.
eskro Wrote:get a none sandforced one this time then

http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=630674

Great, Il take my chances on this oneSmile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sending back my corsair ssd - need suggestions for a new one0