Aeon Nox zip file download and update from Github query
I have downloaded aeon Nox from github as a zip file (72mb file) and changed the extracted folder to skin.Aeon-nox. Now I have the following queries:

1. How will the skin get updated automatically?

2. Would only the changes to the github get downloaded or the full skin would get downloaded (its 72mb zip file)?

3. What are the pros and cons of using a Git client vs zip file download from Github?

Using Win Xp and XBMC B3.
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
in your answer to question one as long as you have automatic updates checked it will update, and if something does not work quite right due to the build you are using you can always roll it back. Hope this helps.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
1. It will only update when a new version goes to repo or you manual download it again from github or git cliënt
2. Always full download.
3. With git cliënt you can keep your custom changes and merge them with latest code
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
IMO, its better to use GIT client
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Martijn Wrote:3. With git cliënt you can keep your custom changes and merge them with latest code
im new to using git, as in i dont really no my ass from my elbow lol
i used git to get master but can i then some how download the snv as a 1 time thing and merge with my changes if that makes sense?
if so could you explain how i do this please

many thanks

paul
chunk1982 Wrote:im new to using git, as in i dont really no my ass from my elbow lol
i used git to get master but can i then some how download the snv as a 1 time thing and merge with my changes if that makes sense?
if so could you explain how i do this please

many thanks

paul

I can advise you to read this: http://help.github.com/

and use SmartGit to make your life easier (worked great for me)

No easy way on explaining because you just have to practice with Git
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox zip file download and update from Github query0