Shortcut to file mode (not library)?
In a nutshell here is what I want to do:

Right now I have XBMC setup as my HTPC with a shortcut for live tv I created using Advanced Launcher (which opens up Windows Media Center into live tv mode using my cablecard), so I can switch from XBMC and live tv seamlessly.

I want to be able to set recordings with Media Center and automatically be able to view them in XBMC without adding them to my library (these will be shows that will not be archived and will be deleted after I watch them). Is there a way to setup a shortcut on the home screen to lead me to the location of these recordings without having to scan them in? Right now I have it setup to open the location (set the folder as a favorite) but XBMC does not see the recording because it is in library mode and I cannot figure out how to open the location directly from the home screen in file mode (I can get there with multiple clicks). I am using Aeon MQ3 skin on Eden Beta 3. Thanks in advance.
ActivateWindow(Videos,<path_to_folder>) from the skin will do it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

that did it, thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shortcut to file mode (not library)?0