channel order in mediaportal not transferred to xbmc eden beta 3
I cannot get xbmc to use the channel order created in mediaportal tvserver in "tv channels" (tab "all channels")
How do I do this? I have enabled the button to use order from backend.
Also, when i try to order channels in xbmc it just hangs and nothing happens.

So I have no way to order my channels
Am I the only one with this problem?
I upgraded from beta2 to beta3 this weekend.

It works fine for me anyway.

Did you upgrade from a previous version?
i deleted the addon & epg & tv database file, + uninstalled the beta 2 version first, perhaps if you are trying to upgrade an older version, there is something left in the db files that should not be there.

Br
mrpg
ok, I will try that. Where are the epg, addon and tv database file located? in the xbmc folder or under users?
MediaPortal decouples the channel id, channel number and channel ordering into three different fields. XMBC supports only the channel id and channel number fields, so I can't directly transfer the chosen channel ordering from the TV Server to XBMC.
The option "Channel order from backend" in XBMC sorts the channels based on the "channel number" field (if I remember correctly). This works only when the backend database contains indeed channel numbers. (The externalId field in the TV Server database contains a provider LCN).

Right now, the addon ignores the separate sortOrder field from the backend.
I my opinion, it would be nice to extend the XBMC pvr interface also with a separate sortOrder field instead of relying on channel numbers or id's for sorting purposes.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Aha thanks for the info margro.

Perhaps i should add that i have in mediaportal tv server done the following before importing the channels to xbmc :

1 Created a channel group, and in xbmc i only import this channel group.

2 Changed channel numbers on all channels in this group, ranging from 1 to 65

Then the channel order works for me in xbmc.
great! thanks for that idea
Wink 
Works like a charm. Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
channel order in mediaportal not transferred to xbmc eden beta 30