Noisey GT430?
Hello,

Yesterday I flashed my GT430 to reduce fan speed an everything works really well. I reduced it to 30% the minimum fan speed (it was placed in 60%) and the change is awesome! it is almost noiseless.

I have to say that my HTPC box is really small and where de card is placed it's not well ventilated, so the video card stays in 50º C degrees...but i've read that the maximum temp is 98º, so i think its no problem...Today I will do more test playing 1080p videos to check the temp.

I'm running a linux machine, but I had to use a windows machine to create the bootable DOS USB and to modify the firmware.

I've used this software to create the USB:
http://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/t...flash1.zip
http://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/t...98boot.zip

and to get BIOS and modify it NvFlash - NiBitor from the post mentioned in this same threath.

Sorry if my english it's not perfect Smile

Regards!
How's this MSI low profile 430 card? $20AR, the Asus one on amazon is still $40 AR.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814127602
(2012-04-26, 19:22)waver123 Wrote: How's this MSI low profile 430 card? $20AR, the Asus one on amazon is still $40 AR.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814127602
What're you waiting for?.......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

well it says it's 64bits....also you guys keep talking about the XFX fanless so was looking into it.
(2012-04-26, 20:14)waver123 Wrote: well it says it's 64bits....also you guys keep talking about the XFX fanless so was looking into it.
For 20 bucks, it's hard to beat.....it should playback blu-ray in full 1080P and bitstreaming HD audio with ease......

(2012-04-26, 21:55)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-26, 20:14)waver123 Wrote: well it says it's 64bits....also you guys keep talking about the XFX fanless so was looking into it.
For 20 bucks, it's hard to beat.....it should playback blu-ray in full 1080P and bitstreaming HD audio with ease......

All right, I just got it (the MSI). It is noisy as hell ... and of course, with my luck, the trick discussed previously with NiBiTor has no noticeable impact, at all!. So buyer beware ...

In case someone managed to make the trick work, or knows another trick, I'll be happy to hear about it. I am not sure I can put up with the noise for too long, I may just have to take the card out.
(2012-05-03, 03:56)Gaalahaad Wrote: All right, I just got it (the MSI). It is noisy as hell ... and of course, with my luck, the trick discussed previously with NiBiTor has no noticeable impact, at all!. So buyer beware ...

In case someone managed to make the trick work, or knows another trick, I'll be happy to hear about it. I am not sure I can put up with the noise for too long, I may just have to take the card out.
Does the GPU fan have 4 pins? If it is, you should be able to control fan speed with this "MSI Afterburner"....

If the GPU is next to the intake case fan, you might be able to get away without the GPU fan too......but monitor the temp closely.....

(2012-05-03, 05:08)bluray Wrote: Does the GPU fan have 4 pins? If it is, you should be able to control fan speed with this "MSI Afterburner"....

If the GPU is next to the intake case fan, you might be able to get away without the GPU fan too......but monitor the temp closely.....

I have no intake case fan yet. I also thought that adding one right on the video card and turning off the GPU fan could be a solution. So I doubled checked Eskro's old post about adding a 120 mm fan to the case (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid890567 ). Unfortunately, the fan is on the other side of the case, wrt the GPU, and for a good reason: it would not fit in the case because almost all the space is used by the video card.

As for MSI Afterburner, I have read a few posts online about other users who complained the software was useless with that card. I haven't checked myself yet because I run Openelec, but I may give it a shot by moving the card to my windows PC, mostly out of curiosity ... The GPU fan has a 4 pin connector, but only three wires.
(2012-05-03, 22:34)Gaalahaad Wrote: As for MSI Afterburner, I have read a few posts online about other users who complained the software was useless with that card. I haven't checked myself yet because I run Openelec, but I may give it a shot by moving the card to my windows PC, mostly out of curiosity ... The GPU fan has a 4 pin connector, but only three wires.
If they joined the 4-pin correctly, it might work with Afterburner fan controller.....usually 3-wire allow only temperature readout, and the 4-wire allow Afterburner to control the fan speed.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noisey GT430?0