XBMC hanging onto old posters
I've overlooked this for the sake of tackling larger issues but now that most of them have been addressed I'm growing more and more tired of how finicky XBMC is when dealing with posters.

I get to a point to where I think I've finally figured out the logic that XBMC uses for setting these images and then I'm thrown a curveball.

I've tried all combinations that I'm aware of. When scraping TVDB I've enabled the option for "prefer poster". Through the skin>art settings options I've enabled "Use poster.jpg for tv series". I've added the desired picture into the shows directory as both poster.jpg and folder.jpg and it still wants to hold onto another picture that's associated with thetvdb.com...

I've tried all possible know combinations of the above with settings enabled, disabled, scan for new content, update library, xbmc will not allow me to custom set the image. I've also used the "clean library" option from Video options in settings.

If I disable the "Use poster.jpg for tv series" I thought (because XBMC seemed to work this way before, just earlier today even) that it would read the file folder.jpg inside the shows directory but instead it pulls another file and stretches it...

I feel like this shouldn't be this tedious of a process. I already use the addons for get logo/clearart and get artwork so it's not an issue for me to get the necessary files into the directories with ease. I just want to be able to change a poster if I don't care for the one XBMC chooses.

Am I overlooking something here or is this a known issue with the latest release of this skin? Is there an easy surefire way of setting a poster/folder image without having to jump through countless hoops to get it to take?

**RESOLVED**Turns out there is a set thumb option similar to the one while viewing seasons for main movie / tv show posters after you go to information "i". Thanks to Saitoh183 for clearing this one up.
Two things to add,

The option that you have when inside a shows directory and viewing the seasons, the "set season thumb", man is that handy... Something like that for the main screen poster/folder image would be amazing.

Secondly, I've noticed also another unfortunate side effect of disabling the "Use poster.jpg for tv series" from the settings menu is when viewing my shows in file mode they all are blank with no image for my tv shows directory and all have the same image for my anime directory... No idea on the anime directory, I cannot even find this image and am beginning to think its not a file I have installed on my end.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC hanging onto old posters1