Blu Ray wont play????
ok i got my wife friends with benefits bluray tonight and ripped to the hdd using anydvd as normal and all went fine, xbmc picked it up and iys sitting looking at me in the movies section with no problems, or so i thought!
I hit play and nothing happens, i do it again and it gives me an error message saying playback failed, yet every other bluray or dvd plays fine. This wont even play in xbmc straight off the disc?
Yet it will play off the hard disc just fine using vlc playerHuh??

all help much appreciated please.

ripped to file structure not image and usind Dharma 10.1
Quote:ok i got my wife friends with benefits

o.O
anyone any ideas why this wont play?
Need debug log: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file
Ned Scott Wrote:Need debug log: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file

been working but here is the paste bin http://pastebin.com/9JNkXjN1
The error is obviously:

Code:
912 07:57:52 T:5616 M:4294967295   ERROR: CThread::staticThread : Access violation at 0x6f6e0e82: Reading location 0x0000000b

I don't know the BluRay code, but I note it seems to be opening dozens of .mpls and .clpi files. Maybe it encountered somethign unexpected in one of thoise and crashed.

JR
I know, this is a big issue, not addressed or acknowledged by xbmc as of yet.

Certain blu-rays wont play in bdmv file structure, something is broken and it has trouble detecting the proper mpls file for certain blurays, unfortunately it has yet to be acknowledged from what i seen.
Ghostdivision Wrote:I know, this is a big issue, not addressed or acknowledged by xbmc as of yet.

Certain blu-rays wont play in bdmv file structure, something is broken and it has trouble detecting the proper mpls file for certain blurays, unfortunately it has yet to be acknowledged from what i seen.

thanks for the info, is this also the case for eden?
With anyDVD some Blue Rays will not ripped properly. Like A-team, the last two harry potters, to name a few. To slove this you need an older version of anyDVD, if you look on there forums you can find witch one you need. I forget which one it is. Try searching for A-team, thats how I found the post. Once I DL the older Version all worked fine on thos few Blue Rays
Remember, companies constantly try to do little tricks and tweaks that make using ISOs and rips harder. Disney used to do this all the time with DVDs. Just when you thought they couldn't find another exploit to make a DVD ripper not work, bam, UP! won't rip. I imagine stuff like that is still happening for Bluray.
tried a newer version of anydvd and ripped johnny english reborn bluray and same problems exist, get an access violation error in the logs.

both these play with vlc player fine, may test with arcsoft totalmedia 5 if this will help?
yep both play in total media 5 without problems

well actually it plays the menu sometimes but wont start the film off either the disc or the hdd
No I have never had an issue with how its ripped, its more so with how libbluray reads the files.

Older 1:1 rips like snatch and superbad wont play in xbmc. It detects the wrong mpls file in the log.

For some movies like underworld and black hawk down, it seems to select the mpls with longest run time, in both cases it plays the extras which are 4X3 and a few minutes longer then the main movie.

I dont know who libbluray team is, or how to talk to them, It lead me to vlc, but from my research libbluray is either just added to vlc or was being added.

VLC opened a ticket for me on the forum, i dont know what became of that.
I can concur that this is happening in beta3 as well. I have several BD ISOs that played in beta2 that do not play in beta 3. will post debug log.
re ripped using a newer version of anydvd and same problems johnny english wont play in xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blu Ray wont play????0