Blu Ray wont play????
Could you run it through bdinfo quickly and see what the main mpls file is..

If its the EU version since based on your location im assuming you have the Europe version it should play 00001.mpls, for whatever reason it closes it right away and keeps trying each mpls file.

It seems to have no idea which mpls file references the main movie, as i expected the bluray systems in xbmc just does not work reliably. I mean it works for a good amount, but i am constantly coming across a few blurays with issues.

All i can suggest is supporting me in somehow pushing these problems to xbmc or whoever this libbluray team is.

Here is a thread with similar issues discussion.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=115740
mmm run that program on both johnny english and friends with benefits and both give an error while scanning playlist file .mpls

just run this on we were soldiers which plays fine and there is no 00001.mpls only 00000.mpls and 00002.mpls, 00003.mpls

also just to say it gives an error message off the original disc with anydvd running in the background
still play fine using vlc player
Since I assumed you purchased the disc in the uk, i have the bdinfo scan for the europe version, and it should be playing 00001.mpls

No idea why xbmc is skipping it and closing.
it is indeed a uk retail version bought from asda
can no one fix this from the devs?
sorry to revive an old thread but i see this problem still exists in the new alpha 3 release as well.

I have johnny english reborn and friends with benefits Blu rays neither of these will play in xbmc they just sit there and do nothing as stated before, whereas in the new mediaportal summer release they play fine and play fine in power dvd, so just wondering if there is a fix being implemented to play all known BDs?
anyone?
is there no one with the same issues or who knows of a fix in the pipeline?
I'm not a dev, so I can't really comment on what the issue might be, but it's likely just that no one is currently able to test that exact situation since they don't have that bluray ISO. Another likely explanation is that the devs are busy with other stuff at the moment, and can't fix every problem right away.
I have similar issues unresolved as yet but mine are from the BR player not files on drive, they are ok.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=135425&page=2

Bazzle
I have other rays on my hdd that play fine but these 2 in particular refuse to play surely there must be other users out there that have either of these films on bluray and can also test and confirm this issue, as i say the exact same films play fine in the newly released summer alpha of mediaportal!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blu Ray wont play????0