Volume control on ATV2
Big phat thank you!!! I am probably the only xbmc atv2 user with a DAC and no remote control adjustable amplifiers. This is really great, thanks a lot.

My final questions, would there any reason to wait for the final?
Or are you gonna apply this patch one more final time for the final release?
I am not sure that there is still something thats gonna change for atv2 in the final....
menno Wrote:Big phat thank you!!! I am probably the only xbmc atv2 user with a DAC and no remote control adjustable amplifiers. This is really great, thanks a lot.

you are not the only one.. my atv is hooked up to a marantz 2015 with a DIY remote on/off... obviously, no remote volume control... mind you, the volume control algorithm on atv2 isn't perfect so it's better to leave your atv2 at 0db and control the volume with external preamplifier (or an external volume control for that matter). i, personally, am getting myself one of these.
menno Wrote:Big phat thank you!!! I am probably the only xbmc atv2 user with a DAC and no remote control adjustable amplifiers. This is really great, thanks a lot.

My final questions, would there any reason to wait for the final?
Or are you gonna apply this patch one more final time for the final release?
I am not sure that there is still something thats gonna change for atv2 in the final....

won't be applied to eden final because its to late for features. I'll do a custom build with this when eden is released and post it here. There is not much coming for eden and atv2 (beside fixing bugs if we find them...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
biGdada Wrote:this ver is really buggy Sad, frequently crashes to frontrow when idle, high bitrate SD content is laggy....

Is it still buggy for you? I'm watching 720p h.264 at between 2-10mbps and it has dropped no frames in about 5 minutes so far. Browsing around menu's even seems faster than Beta 3! Ahh the holding of a button is such a nice thing to have haha
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
deanmv Wrote:Is it still buggy for you? I'm watching 720p h.264 at between 2-10mbps ...

h264 works ok here, i was talking about Xvid encoded content.... also, xbmc crashes to frontrow if left idle for some time, the same behavior was observed before beta2
biGdada Wrote:h264 works ok here, i was talking about Xvid encoded content.... also, xbmc crashes to frontrow if left idle for some time, the same behavior was observed before beta2

I don't want to troubleshoot this here. If it isn't a issue with beta3 it might be an issue with my buildsys. Please wait for the RC1 of eden and if it behaves the same for you open a new thread (if not i'll do a clean build when eden is released for getting the same build environment).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Memphiz Wrote:I don't want to troubleshoot this here.
i wasn't expecting a troubleshoot session here. i reverted to beta3 for now... when you'll build a version based on beta3 codebase (or rc1 for that matter), i'll be happy to test it.
Thanks Memphiz, this is really helpful; I really appreciate you putting the time in to making this work so well.
Memphiz Wrote:Mhh at least it was a try. I think i've just exceeded my limits here. Sry guys.

Here are testversions for it.
ATV2 (with repeated keypresses)

iPhone/iPad/iPod

And of course its like on all other plattforms. Volumecontrol is only possible when not bitstreaming (passthrough) - e.x. for music and stereo or mixed down pcm sound.

Any chance we can persuade you to to a rc1 build + volume control and key repeat?

I'm a git novice and only know enough to follow the instructions to build my own debs from the master branch. Is there an easy way to merge your two tweaks into the master branch on my computer and then build? Would it require making my own branch? Don't know how to do that.

ATV2 volume control is such a nice and essential feature, wish the powers that be would include it in Eden. I've been using your test builds without any problems since you posted them. Running 24-7.

thanks.
fmb.
freshmikeb Wrote:Any chance we can persuade you to to a rc1 build + volume control and key repeat?

I'm a git novice and only know enough to follow the instructions to build my own debs from the master branch. Is there an easy way to merge your two tweaks into the master branch on my computer and then build? Would it require making my own branch? Don't know how to do that.

ATV2 volume control is such a nice and essential feature, wish the powers that be would include it in Eden. I've been using your test builds without any problems since you posted them. Running 24-7.

thanks.
fmb.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=1...ost1030846
I cannot wait for the nightly, with

- your keypress fix
- volume control fix

Thanks!
@menno - I have been itching to post the same for days.

Love your work guys, bring on the nightlies and that long queue of pull requests!
maybe we sit down now and drink a coffee first Wink
(2012-03-25, 00:23)menno Wrote: I cannot wait for the nightly, with

- your keypress fix
- volume control fix

Thanks!

done sipping that coffee, master? Smile

looks like i'm not the only one that's tried to be a patient and good boy. been using your last custom but while watching new master builds go by.

thanks in advance!

fmb.
Here you go. This is slightly newer then eden (current master where repeated keypresses are already in + volume control applied). Don't get irritated by the filename saying version 10.0-9 and the old splash ... we have to bump versions in master in the next days:

ATV2

iOS

have fun...

The volume control won't make it into master as is. So it won't be there in the nightly builds (when we start building them again somewhen). This is because the new AudioEngine is queued for merge and will superseed the volume control then. Patience again ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Volume control on ATV20