Volume control on ATV2
Sorry, the default is to hold the centre button. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...Remote.xml
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Memphiz, the repeated key press is awesome. Surprised that didn't drop into 11.0 stable.

Thanks for your work.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Yes. That's what i used to do with previous builds. with this build just goes pause.

--EDIT--
Alright. I just needed Joystick.AppleRemote.xml in my userdata folder.
Now the OSD comes up like a good boy Smile
Thank you everyone.
Memphiz, FYI

Using ATV2 volume control and lowering volume all the way down to MUTE (such that the mute symbol appears on-screen), there is still very low volume audio audible (with my speaker set's amplification turned on pretty high). Point being, it isn't actually muting.

My setup is ATV2 optical out -> D/A converter -> 2.1 speaker set

fmb.
There's an advancedsettings.xml (wiki) parameter for the volume level on mute, IIRC. not sure why... since you'd think it would just be mute. I could be mistaken, though.
Since AE is comming i don't put any affort into this. You have to take it as it is now. sorry
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-03-26, 21:23)Memphiz Wrote: have fun...

The volume control won't make it into master as is. So it won't be there in the nightly builds (when we start building them again somewhen). This is because the new AudioEngine is queued for merge and will superseed the volume control then. Patience again ...

will the key repeat show up in the nightly builds?
yes its already in master.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
New builds. These fix issues with repeated key presses on learned remotes. ATV2 is able only to repeat cursor keys - nothing else. But this should be enough imho:

iOS

ATV2
(2012-03-28, 21:51)Memphiz Wrote: Since AE is comming i don't put any affort into this. You have to take it as it is now. sorry

No worries, no apology, I am a happy boy as-is!

Just wanted to let you know in case you weren't aware as you continue to code...

thanks again.
fmb.
(2012-03-27, 09:11)Memphiz Wrote: I wouldn't count on that. Since that bug doesn't seem to be a generic problem (only you seem to be affected by this). You have to post a crashlog, syslog + xbmc.log with debugging turned on for me beeing able to have a look at it.
opened xbmc.log myself and instantly found the problem. repeated keypresses effectively made xbmc to enter play/pause loop.... your volume5 update fixes this. thanks again.

EDIT:
the second bug is still there, XBMC crashes to frontrow after a few minutes of being idle.
crashlog: http://pastebin.com/a3mJx4tX
xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/5g28Yyjh
Any Chance of a quick instruction how to install this to my ATV2? Much appreciate it and what a wonderful gift.
Thanks Memphiz.
OK, I see the directions back a few posts, sorry, and thanks.
Please can someone direct me to where to download the file and the correct name for it. Thanks for your trouble,

I have successfully downloaded the file and placed in correct location, Now when trying to 'dpkg' I get this -- "dpkg: requested operation requires superuser privilege" Can someone advise how I rectify this or give myself 'superuser privileges" so I can dpkg! Thanks.
Instead of logging in with mobile. Use username root and password alpine
(2012-03-30, 01:09)mique Wrote: Please can someone direct me to where to download the file and the correct name for it. Thanks for your trouble,

1 page back. Or here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30371861/org.xbm...olume5.deb
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Volume control on ATV20