hulu
hey all posted something here about hulu tv not working it says geo blocked.someone sent me a private message about some site called hidemyass.com.....dont understand what i am to do on the site to make hulu work....i am from canada
Hulu is not available outside the US. You may be able to circumvent the checks it does. These forums are not the place for you to find out about that, but there's plenty of information about it I'm sure on the oracle that is google.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Im also in canada, i got sent hotspotshield by another member on a different forum, but from what I can tell these are for browsers, not ip addresses we can add to the hulu plugin to use in xbmc?

Nevermind that hidemyass website has some ip proxies, but no idea how reliable they are or how often they will stop working.

Actually i cant even get the proxy to work, it just shows advertisements and a popup appears that it appears your trying to access hulu through an anonymous proxy, then nothing, does that mean your busted and it wont work?
I'm from Canada also. I'll just add my 2 cents in here. The HTTP and HTTPS proxies from hidemyass (ip port proxies) are the correct type of proxies for the hulu plugin. And when bluecop added the proxy code to the plugin, I was using a proxy just like the ones from hidemyass and it worked for about 2 weeks then one day it stopped working and I could see the same popup in the logs about hulu detecting you were coming in through a proxy.

I tried about 6 or 7 different proxies and got the same message on all of them. Just as an FYI, the proxy lists on hidemyass do still work to access CBS in the free cable plugin.
This doesn't really warrant a new post. Post within the Hulu topic. Starting a new topic for something that is easily found out using a new invention called Google is pointless.

Common sense people, its free and easy to use.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hulu0