freeze in xbmc after entering master lock code
Sad 
hello XBMC,

very new to this, ATV2 user with little knowledge...i updated to BETA3 today through nitoTV, everything went very smoothe, after update working well so i decided to master lock system(don't want the kids accessing without supervision due to adult add ons) on startup and upon entering XBMC, so on startup entered 4 digit numeric passcode, all is fine, enter XBMC and asked to enter master lock code again to gain entry to access XBMC menus and upon hitting done after entering code for second time, a total freeze of ATV2 even though the first code entry allowed me to enter...then after prompted for 2nd code to gain access to XBMC menu...like i said earlier a total freezeSad

is there anything that could be done to remove passcode from ATV2 system, without having access to SYSTEM>settings in XBMC due to the freeze upon entering passcode for the 2nd time(very strange??:confused2Smile it will allow me to proceed after entering passcode the 1st time but once i get to the XBMC menus screen i have to re-enter passcode for a 2nd time and thats when the total freeze occurs...if i was to reset all settings and configurations in native menu under general settings tab, would that be a bad idea or would it help remove the master lock code i set-up in XBMC >system settings??...shoulda left well enough alone but was trying to be careful for the kids sake and now im at my wits end here,Sad please help XBMC

P.S. not very tech saavy...hoping for an easy fix here gentlemenSmile thank-you i am using 4.4.4 JB build

BlackPanther
Can you get us a debug log of when it happens?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...og_for_iOS
Tried it myself just now on my ATV2 and can't reproduce the freeze. Everything works here for me.
hi ned and thanks for getting back to meNod...in xbmc>settings confluence at the bottom of menu screen there is a lock option so when i chose to lock there were several individual lock settings available for each menu option like pictures, video, music, system, etc. so me being cautious i ended up locking the very first top row(master lock upon entering XBMC), and then all rows under that give you the option of toggling blue lock on for all other menus in XBMC...so i toggled all rows under very top row lock which is master lock by toggling the blue circle option to the right all the way down and saving and exiting.

Everything continued to work fine until i signed out of XBMC and shut down ATV2 by sleep mode. upon entering XBMC later the 1st lock code entry worked fine it was after entering XBMC the prompt for 2nd lock code cause total freeze...my reasoning behind locking all rows under top row lock(which is all i really needed), just pure silliness lol, and some testing of this new BETA3 version.

i am not far enough along to post log problems as of yet, but gaining knowledge everyday through this great and very informative site and hope to in the near future friendSmile maybe when you have a chance you can try to reproduce the mess i made and see if it freezes on you also, i know you mentioned that you already tried without any problems, i may have left out that i locked all other rows under the top lock mode rowBig Grin...also i am not sure if this is relevant but when i upgraded to BETA3 and performed lock sequences, i did so accidentally with airplay on in native menu, although now that i noticed and turned airplay off, it makes no difference...i also tried removing updatebegone and packages along with removing new BETA3 version through nitoTV...then reinstalling ATV2 newest version along with updatebegone and all packages and re-updating all everything was properly re-installed successfully but the masterlockcode prompt re-appears lol, i was hoping through the removal and reinstall that the lockcode prompt would have disappeared but, there it was again, haunting me,Shocked even after the removal and reinstall sequences through nitoTV...i wish there was a numeric master code that i could enter like ex.123456789 that would automatically disable masterlock since i am not able to access SYSTEM>settings menu screen due to freeze upon hitting done on 2nd prompt lockcode entry.

thank-you again ned for your patience, time and supportBig Grinand all members for your time and patience with my newbness...BlackPanther
rm /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml

this should get youin again...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
hi Memphiz & thank-you,

i do not know how to use the putty program with my pc setup as of yet, i have the putty program installed on my desktop(0.62 installer) but i need to refer to and read some more of the online manual to get familiar with how to use this program as well as your suggestions...thank-youSmile and ned scottSmile and all others who have helped and supported myself and all other members on this fantastic site...it seems very straight forward although im hesitant to try, i don't wanna cause any further problems that i can't undo on my own...my ATV2 was JB by my brother and he is unavailable this weekend and most of the time due to family activities, schedules, work etc. also he has all files, depositories, packages needed and settings for the XBMC as well as most importantly the knowledge and how to's...i was strictly working with and interacting through nitoTV, but i will learn the how to's myself based on all info on this site as well as the online manual...from what i read it seems pretty straight forward and i really think getting things done myself through gaining knowledge and following suggestions from the devs, mods and members is the way to go...thanks again for any suggestions in advance as well as your support, patience and timeNod P.S i will report back any new findings and progress in this matter...BlackPanther
Memphiz Wrote:rm /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml

hi Memphiz, Ned Scott & all of XBMC,Smile

after entering ATV2 device through ssh, i login as>root password>alpine i then paste your command and hit enter...could you please guide me in the next step it says ssh root#?? i tried typing in reboot...so the device rebooted but still the keypad lockcode prompt reappears upon entering XBMC and the same thing occurs(freeze upon entering 2nd masterlockcode)...when performing this command in ssh should i remain in the native ATV2 menu screen?? or enter XBMC, input my 1st master passcode lock then perform the command and see if it allows me to enter...the 2nd master passcode lock automatically appears upon entering 1st master lock code and upon entering XBMC menuscreen with no access?? please help Mephiz or Ned...thank-youSmile...BlackPanther
Memphiz Wrote:rm /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml

Mhhh you just should issue that command when in ATV2 main menu and then start XBMC. The command won't produce any output (this is a good sign in that case). I think the lockcode options are saved else where then.

Do you use profiles?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
hi Memphiz, i do not use profiles...the error message i am getting in ssh is rm: cannot remove: no such files in directory. Hoping for some further assistance on how to remove masterlock, i tried what the online manual said with regards to masterlock...copied and tried several commands but no luck...i'm stumped Memphiz.

sorry for this off topic question, i was messin around with the weather heading in native menu(since that is where i can hang out lately(LOL) in nitoTV and decided to add and submit/saved 2 weather locations...they did not work and every time i try to enter weather to see new locations, it does not even allow me to enter and returns me to native ATV2 menu screen immediately...the weather info i saved and submitted also is not what i had entered, weird huh, heheheBig Grin hope you can help Memphiz...BlackPanther
masterlock is saved in profiles.xml inside userdata.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:masterlock is saved in profiles.xml inside userdata.

thank-you, jmarshallSmile, i will try again is there a specific command i could try in ssh that would help get me back into menus in XBMC or allow me to disable masterlock...i did not setup a profile at all but i did enable all rows under masterlock in SYSTEM>settings with 4 digit numeric code and all rows under toggled on(blue)...thank-you all XBMCTeam for all your help advice, time and especially patience since i'm a newb at this and i could be very frustrating to an experienced user but will read and learn and learn and read:o...thanks in advance..BlackPanther
jmarshall Wrote:masterlock is saved in profiles.xml inside userdata.
could that be added to the wiki perhaps? or does making it's location public knowledge defeat the purpose of the master lock..... i just went through this and ended up deleting the profiles folder as well to resolve the issue. no big deal, just had to set up the settings again, but it would be good to know where it is stored in case the code is forgotten or the crash happens again....
distracto Wrote:could that be added to the wiki perhaps? or does making it's location public knowledge defeat the purpose of the master lock..... i just went through this and ended up deleting the profiles folder as well to resolve the issue. no big deal, just had to set up the settings again, but it would be good to know where it is stored in case the code is forgotten or the crash happens again....

Nah, it's just that the wiki has been neglected for so long that overhauling it is a big task. We're getting there, though!

I gotta run to work right now, but anyone can add this themselves. Just make an account and you can edit any page. When you click on "Edit" you can see how the markup works and it's pretty simple. You can even preview before saving, and any mistakes can be corrected (all versions on a wiki are saved) so don't be afraid to jump on in.

Check out the XBMC Wiki help page for editing help: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Help:Main_page

Feel free to PM me with any questions, big or small.
BlackPanther Wrote:thank-you, jmarshallSmile, i will try again is there a specific command i could try in ssh that would help get me back into menus in XBMC or allow me to disable masterlock...i did not setup a profile at all but i did enable all rows under masterlock in SYSTEM>settings with 4 digit numeric code and all rows under toggled on(blue)...thank-you all XBMCTeam for all your help advice, time and especially patience since i'm a newb at this and i could be very frustrating to an experienced user but will read and learn and learn and read:o...thanks in advance..BlackPanther

rm /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/profiles.xml
Memphiz Wrote:rm /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/profiles.xml

Hi Memphiz...you are the man broBig Grinthank-you, thank-you, thank-you, for getting me back in...your command worked wonderfully sir, all issues resolved my friend, special thanks to ned scott, jmarshall and all the XBMCTeam for putting it all together and allowing all people/members to use this grrreat 3rd party softwareNodBig Grin

One last question my friends, in native ATV2 menu under nitoTV>weather i tried to setup and submit 2 locations, but it did not work and now if i click on weather it reboots/returns me to the native menu without accessing the weather tab in nitoTV??...i now know that weather underground in XBMC is the way to go and only refer to weather underground for my weather referenceSmile...just wanted to know how to reset the nitoTV>weather tab, and or remove the 2 submitted locations so the reboot doesn't occur when trying to access nitoTV>weather??...thanks again to Memphiz and XBMCTeam who supported me through this crisisBig Grin...BlackPanther

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
freeze in xbmc after entering master lock code0