freeze in xbmc after entering master lock code
Ehrm nitotv weather doesn't has to do anything with xbmc wunderground weather. For nitoTV we don't give support here. Try another forum (i for myself don't know nothing bout nitotv)...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thank-you Memphiz & TeamXBMC for all your help and support...wishing you all continued success with future updates/releases and all your future endeavours and projectsSmile...BlackPanther
BlackPanther Wrote:hello XBMC,

very new to this, ATV2 user with little knowledge...i updated to BETA3 today through nitoTV, everything went very smoothe, after update working well so i decided to master lock system(don't want the kids accessing without supervision due to adult add ons) on startup and upon entering XBMC, so on startup entered 4 digit numeric passcode, all is fine, enter XBMC and asked to enter master lock code again to gain entry to access XBMC menus and upon hitting done after entering code for second time, a total freeze of ATV2 even though the first code entry allowed me to enter...then after prompted for 2nd code to gain access to XBMC menu...like i said earlier a total freezeSad

is there anything that could be done to remove passcode from ATV2 system, without having access to SYSTEM>settings in XBMC due to the freeze upon entering passcode for the 2nd time(very strange??:confused2Smile it will allow me to proceed after entering passcode the 1st time but once i get to the XBMC menus screen i have to re-enter passcode for a 2nd time and thats when the total freeze occurs...if i was to reset all settings and configurations in native menu under general settings tab, would that be a bad idea or would it help remove the master lock code i set-up in XBMC >system settings??...shoulda left well enough alone but was trying to be careful for the kids sake and now im at my wits end here,Sad please help XBMC

P.S. not very tech saavy...hoping for an easy fix here gentlemenSmile thank-you i am using 4.4.4 JB build

BlackPanther

I just had this same issue... Not looking for help yet. Im reading Smile
I can confirm that I think this is a bug as well lol.
Ok here’s what happened I added the master lock password on every single option for testing purposes, I then clicked ask for password at startup. I rebooted, prompted for the password entered it in on screen with black background. It accepted it then loaded the main XBMC menus but prompted me again, I enter it and it accepts. Then it FREEZES.

I SSH into ATV2 and delete profiles.xml

Rm /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/profiles.xml

I reboot all is well, I repeat the same commands and it happens all over again. I don’t need this locks feature but figured I should post my findings.

Yes I know there is a bunch of errors finding my videos at the
I’m running Eden beta 3 on ATV2

http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=KBzbbQZH
Hey thanks CashSmile for confirming and bringing it to the attention of the XBMCTeam...good job broSmile...BlackPanther
Do not enable addon's to be locked. Any that fire up at launch will cause the issue.
hello, I just had the exact same problem. I opened putty and typed what you suggested into the screen after "apple tv root# is there something I am doing wrong. it states directory does noe exist.
I entered" rm /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml" after apple tv root# in putty

i also tried "rm /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/profiles.xml" and that did not work. I am a complete newbie, so if you can explain step by step how to remove master lock code using putty. I would be in your favour.
had same problem searched here but got it working
the trick is u need to go to this root and delete lcd.xml file
it will work
We all think we're pretty smart until we try to turn on someone else's shower
If my suggestions helped you please add my reputation by click +/- button on lower left corner below .it feels good to see efforts being acknowledged
(2012-04-16, 15:06)fixmyi Wrote: had same problem searched here but got it working
the trick is u need to go to this root and delete lcd.xml file
it will work

I'm... Not sure about that...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
freeze in xbmc after entering master lock code0