boblight and atv2
I was wondering if it was possible to use the boblight addon with an atv2? Anyone have this setup?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Not yet. We have issues with the ctypes python modul (doesn't build for ios yet) which is needed by boblight addon. Though we are not sure if the OpenGLES hardware is fast enough to downscale the image to the 32x32 pixel image which is needed for boblight.

But i'm looking forward to this too - though i don't really expect it to be usable out of performance...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
The biggest problem with performance is that there's no asynchronous way of reading back the gpu data on the atv2, you render the video into a 32x32 pixels image, and when you read it back you're stalling the cpu waiting for the gpu to finish doing everything it was told to do.
we have to wait for a ctypes solution and then we will see how it performes i guess Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
hi,
is the ctype module in the latest cycle (11.0-4) for atv 4.x integrated?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/969

thx
no. 11.0-4 is "only" Eden but official built from us and supporting iOS5.1. Nothing new there - move along.
thx Memphiz.

Is there anyway to get a (inofficial) build anywhere with the ctypes fix? (I can't compile it myself due the lack of a mac)
sure frodo alpha or nightlies (these are also official builds, but marked unstable)

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...tly_builds
Great, I didn't see that the nightlys are alive again.
Now i got atv2 xbmc boblight running with a enigma based reciever and a sedu light.
(Semi)Perfect, cause I've to change the capture_width and height to 8x8 to get the lights changing in realtime.
But i've solved my main problem, now - "A working boblight with atv2"

thnx again, memphiz!
hello mosterblaster,
any update on this ? can you share more details about your setup please ?
I am really looking forward having ambilight working with my atv2.
hi thesam73,
it is really easy to do.
First you need a enigma based reciever or a pc, raspberry pi or an other hardware running the server boblightd. (This is essential, due the lack of a host usb port at atv2)

Atv2 part:
You need a xbmc build after July (e.g. nightly), the xbmc boblight addon, the ios boblight library (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/build-deps/addon...light/ios/) extract it into the directory "userdata/addons/script.xbmc.boblight/resources/lib".
Now edit default.py located in "userdata/addons/script.xbmc.boblight" and change:

Code:
capture_width = 32
capture_height = 32

to

capture_width = 8
capture_height = 8

at last you have to edit the settings from the boblight addon in xbmc (boblightd server ip / port)
restart atv2

et voila
fiat lux!

Mosterblaster
Using this version of boblight addon will auto download the lib on ios too:

https://github.com/amet/script.xbmc.bobl.../frodo-pre

This will be updated in our official addon repo once the frodo repo is installed.
Great thanks for the answer, seems pretty simple Wink
Unfortunately I did not have rapsberry or arduino to run boblight yet, but this may convince me.
Maybe I can find a way to run boblight in my Synology, I will try to compile it.
I'm running it on my mips router with openwrt Wink
after some research it seems that adalight offer a pretty good solution (http://learn.adafruit.com/adalight-diy-a...v-lighting) I am not sure to be able to build my custom hw like you Memphiz, so I will go with compatible hw
if I buy from DX an arduino, led and power adapter it will cost around 50€

I will have my atv2 running boblight addons and my arduino running adalight and controling the led it should be good
adalight and boblight seems to be working together

am i missing something ?
thanks for your help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
boblight and atv20