Looking for some ITX Cooling Advice
Finally had all my components arrive!

Haven't got very far before getting stuck though... Sad

I've got the case unpacked but I can't seem to get the top cover off the case!

I've removed the three thumb screws at the rear and pulled the top cover towards the rear of the case. The manual says once it will go no further back you should be able to just lift it off, the right side of the cover for some reason doesn't seem to lift at all and conseqently can't get the damn top off!!

Any ideas? Huh
Ignore my last post, was being a moron!!!

Took the instructions far too literally - turned out it would lift off as long as the top cover wasn't pulled all the way back!

doh!
Tongue
Well... after my adventure getting the top cover off (!) I finally got it all assembled, no major issues putting it all together....

Although everything did go belly up when I went to turn it on! I opened the BIOS immediately to check all components were correctly detected, no problems there... Skipped across to the HW Monitor screen and was alarmed to see CPU FAN RPM of 0 accompanied with a fast rising CPU Temperature!!

Turned it all off quickly and on further investigation it was apparent the fan really wasn't turning! I used a spare CPU cooler to test the connections on the motherboard and it powered up fine Sad

So now once again I'm waiting on a damned CPU cooler before I can do any more! Sad

Just hope I don't have to wait too long for a replacement Rolleyes
hang in there jack0w!

in then END, you'll enjoy your HTPC!!
Well I finally got my replacement CPU fan and finished building my HTPC.. I installed Windows 7 + XBMC and all my media seems to play perfectly - hurray!! I also checked the power consumption of my new build, uses a max of 74w :-)

Unfortunately I'm having a few software related issues, though will start a new thread in appropriate area of forum for these!

Thanks for all assistance given in this thread - very much appreciated! :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for some ITX Cooling Advice0