I Need Help Removing Sub Menu Items.
I recently upgraded my Apple TV with XBMC to Eden B3. Prior to this my Video Tab in the Home Screen only had 3 items "Movies", "TV" and "Add-ons" It now has added "Files" and "Library". I would like it to be just like it was before.

I apologize in advance if this has already been covered I tried using search but I am unsure if I am using the right terms.

Thanks for any assistance that can be provided.
Check IncludesMainMenuItems.xml...

The first grouplist is for videos...there you find the buttons for files and library...

mm
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
MadMax,

Thanks for your quick response.

Could you tell me where I might find "IncludesMainMenuItems.xml" and what I need to edit in the file?

I couldn't find it in:
/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/skin.confluence/720p/

Thanks.
Can anyone tell me where to find "IncludesMainMenuItems.xml" on my AppleTV2 Running XBMC Eden Beta 3?
Hey mharris,

missed that one...sorry...it's includeshomemenuitems.xml
What should be edited in the file?

Sorry I am not knowledgeable at all in xml.
To get rid of those two buttons, you need to delete the following control

Code:
<control type="button" id="90105"> <include>ButtonHomeSubCommonValues</include> <label>744</label> 30. <onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,Files,return)</onclick> </control> <control type="button" id="90106"> <include>ButtonHomeSubCommonValues</include> <label>14022</label> 35. <onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,Root)</onclick> <visible>Library.HasContent(Videos)</visible> </control>
Thanks it worked perfectly.
Hi there,

I'd like to remove these items as well. I'm happy editing XML, but is it something that is ever likely to be able to be done via the GUI? Just curious more than anything. There is a fine line between flexibility and overwhelming users with options they'll never use.

thanks
I don't think that it will be ever available in the default skin as it is meant to be simple and easy for beginers...
That's why a lot of things are not included...

Other skins have that option, but IMHO it's not the hardest thing to delete 5 lines of code Big Grin
(2012-02-18, 23:43)mad-max Wrote: To get rid of those two buttons, you need to delete the following control

Code:
<control type="button" id="90105"> <include>ButtonHomeSubCommonValues</include> <label>744</label> 30. <onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,Files,return)</onclick> </control> <control type="button" id="90106"> <include>ButtonHomeSubCommonValues</include> <label>14022</label> 35. <onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,Root)</onclick> <visible>Library.HasContent(Videos)</visible> </control>

Hi Mad-Max,
Thanks for the solution. I'm trying to understand the XML code. How do you know which Button id pertains to what submenu.
In my case im trying to remove "Artitst/ Albums/ Songs" from the Music node, and don't know what Button id's to delete from the XML.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Take a look at the <onclick>-Events...they show you what button is for what

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I Need Help Removing Sub Menu Items.0