XBMCbuntu Eden Beta 3 - Re-enable autostart on boot
Information 
Hi,

I recently installed the Eden Beta 3 buntu release and all went smoothly with the install. When I booted up it went straight into XBMC as described. However, my sound didn't work and I had to drop into the desktop/CLI to tweak the sound settings (alsamixer).

Sound is now working fine, but now it doesn't auto boot into XBMC anymore, it always logs straight into the desktop. I can start XBMC no problem from the menu but I'd like to re-enable the auto start on boot.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks,
Lozman.
It autostarts in the last used session.
Log off then XBMCbuntu session and choose XBMC session at the greeter.
@lcapriotti
I have been struggling with this myself...and I finally figured it out.
If you have an overscan issue you cant see the panels and you cannot logout.
I may be stupid... but the xbmcbuntu desktop in overscan looks exactly like the openbox session minus the exit in the "right-click menu"....

I will sort the overscan somehow but may I suggest adding the exit item and if possible a screen tool to sort the overscan to the context menu?

EDIT: fixed the overscan http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=1...ost1021465
Smile
Is xbmc live being phased out and xbmcuntu taking its place? Haven't seen an update in the repo for xbmc live since beta 1 and wondering how to upgrade from xbmc live to xbmcuntu without a fresh install.
I don't think that's ever going to be a smooth process Numus... sounds like XBMCbuntu is meant to start fresh, given the nature of XBMC Live and all. I am in the same situation, and at this point I'm just testing everything I can on Beta 2 (last time the compile worked) and planning on doing a full XBMCbuntu transition once things are stable.
if you have it set to autologin, logout of the desktop environment and then log into the XBMC profile when you get the login window. after that every restart will log you into the xbmc environment
hi, not sute im in the right spot but maybe i can find help,first i wanna change my boot loader on xbmc ubuntu,when i did i cant get to xbmc,not sure why,also i am using a wireless key board i enabled it in root to start on suspend and works but when i shut down the system completly it didnt save my settings,so i have to re-config my settings any help would be great. thanks!!!
EDIT:FIXED.... do not put a Lirc.xml file in /.xbmc/userdata/Lirc.xml or it will not allow xbmc to start

... all was working well... until...

I turned on debugging... went to power and told it to restart.. trying to restart xbmc ONLY but instead it rebooted the htpc and I was greeted with the log in screen. I have 3 options
XBMC
XBMCBUNTU

when trying to log in to xbmc and typing my password I can see it trying to start up eden splash screen and then it just quits on me

here is my log http://pastebin.com/Wbm2M6Nz

im guessing I messed some thing up trying to change my keymapping... Grrr been fugging with this since 7am this morning..
I didn't even touch the noBS.xml file that is causing an error
also offtopic.... how can I restart xbmc from command line.... instead of restarting the whole machine

-=Jason=-

EDIT:FIXED.... do not put a Lirc.xml file in /.xbmc/userdata/Lirc.xml or it will not allow xbmc to start
Anybody else have a problem with the picture slideshow screensaver, even though its set to 5 seconds per picture it will sometimes sit on one picture for 2 seconds then skip through a few at barely visible speed, tried re-install same problem. Tried turning pan/zoom off/on did nothing ?
Regarding this login into the ubuntu, is there a way to fix the ultra small font that I have, its very hard to read on a 1080 TV.

I had the same issue as everyone else, but quickly discovered how it auto logs into the last session.
Try setting dpi option in xorg.conf (google)
Is this a common thing for everyone, or just the few?

(Asrock ION 330)
Lozman Wrote:Hi,

... However, my sound didn't work and I had to drop into the desktop/CLI to tweak the sound settings (alsamixer).

Sound is now working fine...

Hi Lozman

Hope you are still around, if so could you tell me exactly what you did to resolve sound issue.

I am new to Linux so any detail much appreciated.

Cheers

Alan
Hi is there a command for auto-login as I think I unticked it on install and I am always greeted with the login window on boot?

Thanks

James

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu Eden Beta 3 - Re-enable autostart on boot0